CATEGORY 1: Teachers for classes I to V
(i) Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education(by whatever name known), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations 2002
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com and two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
A candidate with BA/B.Sc./B.Com with at least 50% marks and B.Ed. qualification or with B.A./B.Sc./B.Com with at least 45% marks and 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to
time in this regard, shall also be eligible for appointment to Class I to V upto 1st January, 2012, provided he/she undergoes, after appointment, an NCTE recognized 6-month Special program in Elementary Education.
(ii) Matric with Hindi/Sanskrit or Sr. Secondary / Graduation / Post Graduation with Hindi as one of the Subjects
- Relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying at BA/B.Sc./ B.Com / Senior Secondary level is admissible for SC and Differently abled Candidates.
- A diploma/degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
Scheme/Structure and Content:
There shall be only one paper in this category. All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each carrying one mark with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
No. of MCQs : 150
Duration of examination: one-and-a-half hours.
Structure and Content (All Compulsory):
(i) Child Development and pedagogy 30 MCQs for 30 Marks
(ii) Language I (Hindi) 30 MCQs for 30 Marks
(iii) Language II (English) 30 MCQs for 30 Marks
(iv) Mathematics 30 MCQs for 30 Marks
(v) Environmental Studies 30 MCQs for 30 Marks
Nature and Standard of Questions:
The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
- The Test items for Language – I (Hindi) will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
- The Language II (English) will focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
- The test items in Mathematics and Environmental Studies will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of the subjects. In all these subject areas, the test items shall be evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject prescribed for classes I-V by the Education Department, Govt. of Haryana.
- The questions in the tests for Paper I will be based on the topics of the prescribed syllabus for classes I-V, but their difficulty standard, as well as linkages, could be upto the secondary stage.
Qualifying Marks: 60%
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.