- Short sentences should be use.
- Whenever a new word is spoken, it must be explained properly.
- Facial expressions and gestures may be used to explain words and sentences.
- It should be kept in view that the speech children hear daily is correct so that they have a good model to imitate.
- Children should be asked to question to make sure that they understand.
- Audio-visual aids may be use develop children’s comprehension.
- Children should be encouraged to speak in front of adults.
- Teachers should be helpful and pleasant when correcting errors.
- Children should be encouraged to listen carefully.
- The teachers should talk to children about a wide range of interesting topics, partly to encourage listening and partly to add to their general knowledge of things around and talk about them.
More from onlineteachers.co.in
- Activities for Developing Readiness and Writing The process of writing implies finer muscular coordination. It implies the development of small muscle control, eye span and then eye-hand […]
- Teacher-The Architect of Child’s Language Development All teachers engaged in the teaching work in general and the language teachers in particular greatly influence the language development of […]
- Role of the School and the Teacher in Developing and Fostering Creativity Creativity children are constantly probing, discovering, imagining, fantasizing, asking questions, guessing and wondering. Therefore, they […]
- A nursery teacher’s job The lowdown
A nursery teacher’s job is to focus on the overall personality development of a child. This involves developing work […]
- Bihar launches education quality campaign After achieving success in school enrollment, the Bihar government -- on the occasion of Teachers' Day on Monday -- launched a schemeto […]
- CTET 2012 Sample Papers CTET Sample Papers, CTET Practice Papers and CTET Question Papers for November 2012 are available at onlineteachers.co.in. Are you ready […]
- CBSE CTET 2012 on November 18, 2012 CBSE to conduct CTET, Central Teacher Eligibility Test on November 18, 2012. This test is compulsory to pass for those who want to teach […]
- Activities for Developing Spoken and Written Language
Providing opportunities to children for free conversation among themselves and between the teachers.
Providing opportunities […]