AMRITSAR: ‘Special Schools’ will be opened in six districts of Punjab to impart education to students securing 80 per cent or more marks at matriculation level in government schools, a state government official said on Friday.
Speaking to reporters here, chief parliamentary secretary of education, Inderbeer Singh Bolaria said the state government was committed to develop Punjab as the education hub of the country.
“Special Schools are being opened in six districts of Amritsar, Patiala, Bathinda, Ludhiana, SAS Nagar and Jalandhar to impart education to students securing 80 per cent or more marks at matriculation level in government schools,” he said.
These students will be provided free professional education along with boarding and lodging facilities to enable them to compete with their convent-educated peers, he said.
Punjab has improved its Education Development Index (EDI) rank from 14th to 3rd this year, finishing behind Pondicherry and Lakshadweep only, Bolaria said
More from onlineteachers.co.in
- UK PG degree valid only after bridge course In order to resolve the impasse over India not recognizing one year post-graduate course from the United Kingdom, the HRD ministry has […]
- Central University of Punjab, Bathinda,M.Phil.-Ph.D Admissions 2013 Important Dates
Last date for availability of offline application forms: 20th May, 2013 Monday
Date for deactivation of online […]
- L. M. Thapar School of Management, Thapar University, Patiala, invites applications for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme commencing in 2014 Eligibility Criteria for MBA 2014 admissions
1. Graduate Degree in any discipline with 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA or […]
- Admission to NRIs/Children/Wards to undergraduate and master’s programmes for session 2013-14,Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana Last date for receipt of completed application forms for B.V.Sc & A.H./B.Tech (Dairy Technology) is 10th July, 2013 and Master’s […]
- Standard VIII falls under primary education The state education department has issued a final notification on restructuring of the school system extending primary education till […]
- Teaching in schools Teaching in schools is not what it used to be in India. There is increased emphasis now on pedagogies and approaches. While public schools […]
- Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (GBSHSE) is all set to announce the results of Class 12 Board Examination on May 2 at 11am This year, the exams were conducted earlier than usual; it commenced on March 7 last year. Earlier, the results were announced towards the […]
- Thalassaemia patients to get extra time in board exams Considering the request by Thalassaemia Society of Central India (TSCI), the Maharashtra State Board for Secondary Education has decided […]