- M.Tech in Power Electronics
Master of Technology in Power Electronics: 18 Seats
Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronics/ Electronics & Communication / Telecommunication / Instrumentation Engineering, as applicable, with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/OBC) marks.
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
MTech (Computer Science and Engineering): 18 Seats
Bachelor Degree in any branch of Engineering/ MSc in Electronics/Computer Science/ Information.
Technology/Physics/Mathematics/ Statistics or MCA, with a minimum of 55% (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC) marks or equivalent CGPA
- M.Tech in Digital Electronics & Communication Engineering
Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Telecommunication/ Instrumentation Engineering, as applicable, with a minimum of 55% (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC) marks or equivalent CGPA.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE (one of the following entrance tests):
(i) GATE Examination
(ii) Screening Test conducted at SMIT by the concerned Department
While preparing the merit, 50% weightage is given to aggregate marks obtained in BE/B Tech and 50% weightage for marks obtained in screening test.
Along with the application form, candidates need to send fee for entrance test as given in Section 9, Subsection 1.2, para 21 (iii). Please visit our website www.smu.edu.in
(iii) Candidates through Entrance Examination conducted by Manipal University, Manipal.
Four seats are reserved for Sikkim Government nominees. Candidates seeking admission under this category should contact Director – Technical Education, HRDD, Government of Sikkim.
Teaching assistantships are awarded to deserving regular candidates enrolled in the M Tech Courses.
Process and manufacturing industry such as steel, oil, petrochemical, power and defence production
Avionics, aeronautical and space science sectors
Instrumentation engineering industry
Designing, developing, installing and managing equipment
Research & development and bio-medical industry
Corporates like TCS, Capgemini, Adhunik Group, Wells Fargo
- M.Tech in Information Technology Engineering
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech in Structural Engineering
- M.Tech in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
- M.Tech in Process Control & Instrumentation
- M.Tech in Material Science & Nano Technology
|Last date for receipt of duly filled application forms||10 August|
|Screening Test for M Tech||11 August|
|Counseling / Admission for M Tech||12 August|
|Commencement for first Semester (M Tech)||16 August|
APPLICATION FORM FOR M.TECH
Candidates seeking admission to MTech program at SMIT may apply in following ways-
Online mode application
Offline Mode Applications
Candidates seeking admission to BTECH at SMIT may submit their application as given below-
- If downloaded from the website then you are supposed to send a DD of Rs 1600 (Rs 600 for Prospectus + Rs 1000 for entrance exam fee) along with the filled application form to the Chairman Admissions (Technical Campus).
- If collected from the bank then you are supposed to send a DD of Rs 1000 (entrance exam fee) along with the filled application form to the Chairman Admissions (Technical Campus).
Note: The DD should be drawn in favour of “Sikkim Manipal University” payable at Gangtok.
Filled Applications collected from bank/downloaded should be sent to the below mentioned address: [For Regular On – Campus Residential Courses] Dr N K Bhattacharyya
Chairman Admissions (Technical Campus)
Mobile: +91-9635527557, 9083254144, 9083254145, 9083254146 (Help Desk)
Phone No.: 03592-246020 Ext. 247; 457
Mobile: +91-9732947000 (Chairman Admissions)
Member of Admission Committee: +91-9735110007, 9733316230, 8670395750