Recruitment of Post Graduate Teachers for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education & Literacy, Government of India, invites ON-LINE applications through the link available on NVS Website, from eligible Indian nationals for filling up of vacancies and drawing a panel of candidates for the posts of Post Graduate Teachers from Gen./OBC/SC/ST Categories on DIRECT RECRUITMENT BASIS in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas located in various districts of the country.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are co-educational, fully residential schools up to Senior Secondary level and are located mainly in rural areas. At present 584 JNVs are functioning all over the country. They being fully residential institutions, the teachers are required to stay in the Vidyalaya campus for which rent free accommodation as available will be provided. In addition to normal teaching duties, the teachers are required to perform additional responsibilities attached with residential system of schooling like House Mastership, remedial and supervisory studies, organization of co-curricular activities, escorting of students on migration and looking after students’ welfare in general. During the period of probation of the incumbent performance in all these areas is also assessed, in addition to the teaching ability to determine suitability for the job.
In view of the policy that at least 1/3rd students admitted are girls; efforts will be made to appoint male and female teachers in proportion to the number of girl students in Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Thus, female teachers shall be appointed accordingly to meet its functional requirement and ensure safety of girl students.
Details regarding essential and desirable qualifications for various categories of posts, Pay Scales, Age limit, Relaxation of age, Mode of Selection and other related details are given below. Reservation for various categories viz. SC, ST, OBC & PH will be provided as per Govt. instructions. In addition to the pay scale and grade pay, selected candidates will be entitled to draw admissible allowance besides 10% special pay for performing additional residential duties.
Last date for submission of ON-LINE applications is 13th January 2012.
A. POST GRADUATE TEACHERS
SUBJECT-WISE POST CODES FOR FILLING UP THE APPLICATION FORM
POST GRADUATE TEACHERS
PAY SCALE: Rs. 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay Rs. 4800
UPPER AGE LIMIT: 40 YEARS (As on 30.11.2011)
(a) Two Year Integrated Post Graduate M.Sc. Course from Regional College of Education of NCERT in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Master’s Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the following subjects.
|(iii)||PGT(Physics)||Physics / Applied Physics / Electronics Physics / Nuclear Physics|
|(iv)||PGT(Chemistry)||Chemistry / Bio Chemistry|
|(v)||PGT(Mathematics)||Mathematics / Applied Mathematics|
|(vi)||PGT(Economics)||Economics / Applied Economics / Business Economics|
|(vii)||PGT(Biology)||Botany / Zoology / Life Sciences / Bio Sciences/ Genetics / Micro Biology / Bio Technology /Molecular Bio / Plant Physiology provided that applicant had studied Botany and Zoology at Graduation level.|
|(x)||PGT(Commerce)||Commerce with Accounting/Cost Accounting/ Financial Accounting as a major subject of study. Holders of Degree of M.Com. in Applied/Business Economics shall not be eligible.|
(b) B.Ed. or equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
(c) Proficiency in Teaching in Hindi and English languages.
(a) Experience of working as TGT in a recognized institution in the concerned subject.
(b) Experience of working in a residential school.
(c) Knowledge of Computer application.
PART – II
Eligibility of Applicants for PGTs.
The Cut-Off date for determining various eligibility criteria (Educational Qualifications, age limit etc.) will be 30.11.2011. Applicants must satisfy about their eligibility as on 30.11.2011 before applying.
Maximum relaxation in upper age will be as under:
(a) Up to a maximum of Five years in the case of SC/ST candidates.
(b) Up to a maximum of Three years in the case of OBC candidates.
(c) Up to a maximum of Ten years in respect of women candidates.
(d) Up to a maximum of Five years in the case of Govt. servants / NVS regular employees.
(e) Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of SC/ST candidates and 8 years in the case of OBC candidates serving as Govt. employees in accordance with instructions or orders issued by the Govt. of India. An applicant claiming age relaxation under this para should produce a certificate from his/her employer to the effect that he/she is a Govt. servant as on the date of advertisement.
(f) Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Physically Handicapped.
EXCEPT PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CANDIDATES, ALL THE CONCESSIONS MENTIONED ABOVE WILL BE CONCURRENT, THAT IS, IF A PERSON IS ELIGIBLE FOR MORE THAN ONE CONCESSION, ONLY ONE OF THE CONCESSIONS OF THE HIGHLY PERMISSIBLE LIMIT WILL BE GRANTED.
FOR PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED, IF A PERSON BELONGS TO SC/ST HE/SHE WILL BE ALLOWED 15 YEARS I.E. 10 YEARS FOR PH AND 05 YEARS FOR SC/ST.
MODE OF SELECTION
1. The Written Examination for the recruitment to the above mentioned posts is likely to be held at following centres (code of the center are mentioned against the name of the city
2. Blind candidates will be allowed to take the assistance of scribes (to be arranged by the candidates) at the respective Examination Centre who will assist them in the examination process. Such candidate must write clearly about their disability in the application form. An extra time of 30 minutes will be given to such candidates.
3. Candidates admitted to the examination will be sent an Admit Card permitting them to take examination. No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination hall without the Admit Card along with date sheet and specific instructions.
4. The Written test will consist of one paper as under:-
|POST GRADUATE TEACHERS|
|General Aptitude, Language Proficiency & Content Knowledge Tests||COMMON PAPER FOR ALL POSTS OF PGTs:|
Objective type multiple choice questions on General English/ Hindi, (40:20+20), General Awareness (30), General Intelligence & Reasoning (30), Numerical Ability (30) and Teaching Methodology (30) and concerned Subject [Content] Knowledge (80)
5. The decision of the Samiti about the mode of selection to the above posts and eligibility conditions of the applicants for interview shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
6. SCHEDULE FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION
Schedule of examination will be intimated with the Admit Card. Detailed examination schedule will be notified on Samiti’s website www.navodaya.nic.in in February 2012.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply Online through NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti’s web-site at www.navodaya.nic.in No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal email ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment. The NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti may send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered email ID. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/ mention email ID to/ or of any other person.
- In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/ her new email ID before applying Online.
- Applicants are first required to go to the NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti’s web-site at www.navodaya.nic.in and open the link ‘Recruitment’. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification titled as ‘RECRUITMENT OF PGTs – 2012‘
- Take a print of the entire Recruitment Notification, including the ‘FEES PAYMENT CHALLAN’.
- Fill in the Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS. Go to the nearest Branch of Union Bank of India with the Fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay, in Cash the appropriate Application Fee in favour of NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti.Applicants are required to pay Rs. 500/-+ Rs 40/- as Bank’s service charges towards non-refundable application processing charge in the form of a bank challan as mentioned above.No fees is required to be paid by candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH categories and Women Candidates, hence the steps for payment of fees will not be applicable to them.
vii. Obtain the counterfoil (Applicant’s Copy& NVS Copy) of the Fee Payment Challan duly received by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number (b) Transaction ID/Journal No (c) Date of Deposit & Amount filled by the Branch Official.
viii. Candidates are now ready to apply Online by re-visiting the Recruitment Page of the NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti’s website and going to the sublink “Online APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT OF PGTs – 2012”. Click on this sublink will open up the appropriate Online Application Format.
ix. Carefully fill in the complete details in online application form indicating the necessary details from the Fee Payment Challan, scan and upload your recent photograph and signatures at the appropriate places as per instructions contained in enclosed Annexure-I and submit the same Online.
x. Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan(NVS Copy) will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of written test. Without counterfoil of the fee payment challan, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the written test. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep 3 photocopies of the fee payment challan for future use.
xi. The candidates should take a printout of the online application, affix a recent passport size photograph and preserve it with them for their record and should not be sent at the NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti’s address or any other address. The application printout with photograph affixed will also have to be submitted during document verification at the time of interviews alongwith the attested copies of certificates in support of Age, Qualification, Experience, Caste, Caste Validity, Non Creamy Layer, as applicable.
xii. The name of the candidate or his/ her father/ husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/ mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
xiii. Candidates will be required to download the call letter from Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s website i.e. “www.navodaya.nic.in”. Candidates will be intimated about the same by e-mail & SMS.
|Website Link Open||From 12.12.2011 To 13.01.2012|
|Date of Written Test||19TH FEBRUARY 2012|
|Payment of fees at Union Bank of India Branches||From 12.12.2011To 13.01.2012|
The NVS will take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified for interview. Only those OBC categories which are recognized by Government of India will be considered for appointment under OBC category.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES
- Results of the written exam will be published in Employment News/Samiti’s Website in due course. No enquiry in this regard will be entertained by NVS.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
3. The Samiti may take up the verification of eligibility of the candidate at any point of time prior to or after the completion of the selection process. Even if Admit Card is issued to a candidate due to lack of information in the application form or otherwise and if it is found that the candidate is not eligible his/her candidature shall be summarily rejected.
4. Any dispute with regard to this recruitment will be subject to the court having its jurisdiction inDelhionly.
5. The Samiti may, at its discretion, hold re-examination as and when necessary in case need arises for the same. In such an eventuality, candidate will have to appear for such re-examination at his/her own cost.
6. No TA etc. will be paid for appearing in the written test.
7. Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere inIndia.
8. Selected candidates will initially be on probation for a period of two years, which can be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
9. Qualifications acquired by the candidates should be strictly in accordance with the prescribed qualifications. Any candidate seeking claim of equivalence of the qualifications with that of the notified one should furnish documentary evidence in support of their claim at the time of interview/selection, otherwise such cases will be rejected. Similarly, where grades have been given, the position of the mark-sheets showing equivalent percentage of marks should be produced at the time of interview/selection.
10. In case any discrepancy or variation in the translated version of this advertisement is found in Hindi or any other language, the text provided in the English version will be treated as final.