PGIMER 2017 is an entrance test which is conducted every year by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research located in Chandigarh, India. It has educational, medical research and training facilities for its students. PGIMER Admission to various postgraduate courses conducted at the Institute is made twice a year. The sessions commence from first January and first July each year. The admission to the courses of the Institute is made on merit on all India basis, by holding an entrance examination by the Institute, after issuing a countrywide PGIMER Admission Notice.
PGIMER 2017 Examination Dates
|PGIMER 2017 MD / MS Entrance Exam||20 Nov 2016|
|PGIMER 2017 House Job / M.Sc / M.Sc MLT Entrance Exam||27 Nov 2016|
|PGIMER 2017 DM / M.Ch / MHA Entrance Exam||20 Dec 2016|
|PGIMER 2017 Ph.D / PGDPHM / Fellowship||06 Dec 2016|
PGIMER Chandigarh Prospectus and Online application form is available only on PGI website. Candiates are requested to read the PGIMER Prospectus carefully before applying online. Here you will get brief information PGIMER MD, MS, DM, M.Ch, House Jobs, MHA, M.Sc, M.Sc MLT, Ph.D & MASLP.
PGIMER Chandigarh Admission Calendar 2017 – 2018
Candidate must have passed the following exams to be eligible
For MD / MS – MBBS or its equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
For DM / M.Ch – MD / MS or its equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
For MDS / House Jobs – BDS of Panjab University or any other University recognized by Dental Council of India.
And either completed, or due to complete, one year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively. Candidate is also required to be registered with Central / State Medical or Dental Registration Council.
For MHA – MBBS, or its equivalent qualification, from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with three years experience after passing MBBS examination OR Should have worked in State Medical Services, Armed Forces Medical Services, or other equivalent services for a period of five years in a hospital which is approved for purposes of undergoing the compulsory rotating internship, or in a command hospital, failing which the aforesaid period of five years would be increased to seven years OR Should have worked as Medical Superintendent, or Deputy Medical Superintendent, in a Civil or Military Hospital for one year.
For M.Sc. (Pharmacology) – MBBS passed or its equivalent qualification from a University/Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India or B.Sc (Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry taken together) or B.V.Sc. or B. Pharma passed from a recognized University.
M.Sc. (Respiratory Care) – B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology or B.Sc. in Nursing or B.Sc. Medical or Bachelor of Physiotherapy from any University within India or equivalent degree from any other recognized University/Institute with at least 55% marks.
Master of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (MASLP) – B.Sc. (Audiology & Speech Therapy) or Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology from any recognized University/Institute with at least 50% marks and one year internship after obtaining the qualification of B.Sc.
For Ph.D :
- MBBS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS degree from Medical Colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
- Eligibility for Non Medical/Social Behavioural Sciences – The candidates with the following qualifications will be eligible :
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA or its equivalent/examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC/Panjab University are eligible.
- Life Sciences : A degree of Master of Sciences (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) or M.Sc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics).
- Social Behavioural Sciences : The candidates with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioural Sciences. Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development. MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food & Nutrition, Health Economics/Applied Economics/Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH.
- Post graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification. Or
- Have qualified NET examination (with fellowship only) conducted by UGC, Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examination conducted by ICMR/CSIR etc. (within two years only). Attested copy of the result must be attached. If the candidate fails to produce the proof of his/her eligibility as per above qualification before one week of the entrance examination, his/her candidature will not be considered an entire responsibility for the same will lie on the candidate.
PGIMER Chandigarh Prospectus 2017
PGIMER Prospectus 2017 for various courses entrance exams & admissions in July 2016 Session is given below.
- Click Here for PGIMER MD / MS Prospectus 2017
- Click here for PGIMER DM/M.Ch Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER House Jobs Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER MHA Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER M.Sc Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER M.Sc MLT Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER Ph.D. Prospectus 2017