NEET MDS 2017 – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-MDS) is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various Post Graduate MDS Courses under Dentists Act, 1948. This entrance test is for the admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses’ for the academic session 2017-2018. NEET-MDS is a single window entrance examination for Dental PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS Courses.
NEET MDS 2017
NEET-MDS 2017 shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses’ for the academic session 2017-2018 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MDS Diploma courses at all Private Dental Colleges, Institutions & Universities all across the country
- MDS courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
Schedule for the NEET MDS 2017 is given below.
|Online Registration starts for NEET-MDS 2017||26 Sep 2016|
|Last date for Online Registration||31 Oct 2016|
|Date of Examination for NEET-MDS 2017||30 Nov to 03 Dec 2016|
|Declaration of Result||By 15 Jan 2017|
NEET MDS 2017 Notification
All who want to study Master of Dental Surgery (or MDS) can now know complete details of NEET MDS 2017. Here is the official notification. This was also released alongside NEET PG 2017 notification. In fact apart from exam dates, rest of the events are simultaneous for both exams.
NEET MDS 2017 Application Form
Candidates can register for NEET-MDS through online portal as per schedule date. Candidates can choose the exam centre and date through online registration system on first come first serve basis. Candidates who are interested first have to check their Eligibility criteria then apply online. Link to fill the NEET MDS 2017 Application Form 2017 is given below.
Examination / Application Fee
- Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates)
- Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC candidates)
Instruction for Filling Application Form
- The online registration website for NEET- MDS 2017 for admission to MDS courses for 2017 session is available at website www.nbe.edu.in Candidates are advised to carefully go through the registration & scheduling guide available on the website before starting their online registration & scheduling.
- Candidate may note that there is no option for submitting the form other than the online mode, offline applications or printed copies will not be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions given and overview of the application before proceeding to fill up the online application.
- Online Applications for admission to the examination should be completed by the prescribed cutoff date.
- At the end of Registration and Scheduling process the applicant will get a computer generated acknowledgement, this acknowledgment shall also be sent at the registered e-mail ID of the applicant. Aprint out of this acknowledgment constitutes the ADMIT CARD-CUM-CONFIRMATION SLIP. All fields marked * in the online registration form are mandatory.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations.
- Candidates must preserve hard copy of application form (confirmation page) till the end of counseling process as details mentioned in acknowledgement form will be required by selected candidates for Registration for online counseling for allotment of PG seat under All India 50% Quota.
- The candidate must be an Indian National /Person of India Origin /Overseas Citizen of India card holder possessing BDS degree from a Dental College recognized by the Government of India under the Dentist Act, 1948 and has obtained provisional or permanent BDS registration and has completed one year (12 months) of compulsory rotatory internship in an approved /recognized Dental College to be eligible to appear in NEET-MDS 2017.
- The condition of one year Compulsory Rotatory Internship is not applicable to those candidate who had passed their final BDS Examination on or before 1988 and hold a recognised degree of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University, in respect of recognised Dental College under Section 10(2) of the Dentists Act, 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- No condonation of Internship of 12 months period shall be accepted except (i) the students of the batch admitted during the academic session 2007-2008 and have completed 4½ year BDS Course alongwith 06 months compulsory rotatory internship and (ii) the students admitted during the academic session 2006-2007 at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University and have completed 05 years BDS Course without internship.
- However, a candidate who after passing the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI/DCI), is undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship/practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31st March 2017 can take up this examination, but he/she shall not be eligible for admission unless he/she has completed the compulsory rotatory internship and obtained provisional or permanent registration on or before 31st March 2017 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of Institution that he/she will be completing internship by 31st March 2017.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date, shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.
- The cut off dates for the recognition of the Dental Colleges, from where the candidates have passed, must have a recognised degree of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University, in respect of recognised Dental College under Section 10(2) of the Dentists Act, 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2017 will be 31st Oct 2016. The Colleges recognized after this date will not be considered.
- Registration with State Dental Councils is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling.
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana shall be eligible to apply for admission. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir to the Deputy Director (Examinations) National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029 along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for NEET-MDS 2017 latest by 2nd November 2016. (Please refer to Information Bulletin for format of Affidavit).However, the restriction on candidates from the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telengana shall not apply to the categories pertaining to Armed Forces for ‘Grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps’ and for MDS admissions in Armed Forces Institutes.
- Some of the Universities/institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing any PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are denied admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
- A candidate can register and appear for NEET-MDS 2017 only once for admission to the academic year 2017-2018.
NEET MDS 2017 Admit Card
At the end of Registration & Scheduling process, the applicant will get a computer generated acknowledgement at the registered email id of the applicant. Admit card will be issued to candidate once registration & scheduling process is successfully complete. When the admit card is received by email, it should be read carefully and all information mentioned should be verified. Candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph of the following specifications on the admit card.
Allocation of time for the NEET- MDS shall be as follows:
|Particulars||Forenoon Session||Afternoon Session|
|Candidate Entry Time||9:00 AM||2:15 PM|
|Venue Entry Closes||9:30 AM||2:45 PM|
|Check-in Procedure||9:00 AM to 10:00 AM||2:15 PM TO 3:15 PM|
|Test Start Time*||10:00 AM||3:15 PM|
|Test End Time||1:15 PM||6:30 PM|
- Syllabus: The syllabus for the exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subjects/syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computers network (CBT) as per scheme prescribed.
- The exam comprises of 240 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only. Total time allotted is 3hours.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
NEET MDS 2016 Result
As per the Dental Council of India Revised MDS Course (2nd Amendment) Regulations, 2007, “in order to be eligible for admission to any postgraduate dental course in a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Postgraduate courses held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile.
In respect of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest scaled scores secured in the All-India common merit list in ‘National Eligibility-cumEntrance Test for Postgraduate courses.
Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to Post Graduate Courses, the Central Government in consultation with Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to Post Graduate Course for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only.”
Minimum qualifying score in each category is as follows:
- General Category (UR) – 50% Percentile
- SC/ST/OBC – 40% Percentile
- Persons with Disability – 45% Percentile
Validity of NEET MDS 2017 Result
The validity of the result of NEET-MDS 2017 shall be only for the current admission session i.e. 2017 admission session for MDS courses and cannot be carried forward for the next session of admissions for MDS courses.
Kindly note that the registration of admissions for MDS courses is governed by Post Graduate Dental Education Regulations issued by Dental Council of India with prior approval of Central Government and the Judgments of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
NEET MDS 2017 Counselling
All India 50% Quota Seats: Counseling for All India 50% quota seats shall be conducted by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India using the result of NEET-MDS 2017 for All India 50% Quota Seats. Please refer to MCC website www.mcc.nic.in for details
State Quota Seats: Counseling for admission to state quota seats shall be conducted by the concerned States /designated authority/University using NEET-MDS scores and as per their eligibility criteria, applicable Regulations, guidelines and applicable reservation policies. (See Annexure-I for State Medical Education Directorates /Officeswhere counseling related information maybe available).
Admission to private dental colleges, Institutes, Universities Deemed Universities: Counseling for admission to MDS courses in private Dental Colleges, Institutions, Universities & Deemed Universities shall be conducted by the designated counseling authority of these Private Colleges/Institutions/ Institutes/ Universities/ Deemed Universities using NEET-MDS scores and as per applicable Regulations and/or their eligibility criteria, reservation policy, etc (Please see Annexure III for list of Dental Universities offering MDS courses and also refer to DCI website www.dciindia.org.in for the latest list of Institutions & Colleges running MDS courses)
Admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Counseling for admission to MDS courses in Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions shall be conducted by the Army Dental Corps, Ministry of Defence, Government of India using NEET-MDS scores and as per their eligibility criteria, applicable Regulations & guidelines. (Please refer to Chapter 18 of this Information Bulletin for further details).
Selection and final admissions to these institutions shall be made by the Armed Forces Medical Services based on merit of the candidates & as per order of precedence mentioned in Para 18.2 and who have applied online both to NEET-MDS and also to AFMS and the admissions shall be done as per Govt. of India – Ministry of Defence rules and regulations in conjunction with those applicable to the affiliating Universities.
For more detail of NEET MDS 2017 – Download Information Brochure.