KISHORE VAIGYANIK PROTSAHAN YOJNA FELLOWSHIP AWARD – 2012 TENEBLE FROM 1st APRIL/1st AUGUST 2013 APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SCHOOLAND COLLEGE STUDENTS INTERESTED IN PURSUING BASIC SCIENCE COURSES AND RESEARCH CAREER IN BASIC SCIENCES
The Department of Science and Technology Government of India, offers attractive fellowships (Rs. 4000 to Rs. 7000 p.m) and contingency grants (equivalent of four months fellowships per annum) to students studying in XI standard to 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./Int. M.Sc./M.S. Selection to the program takes into account academic excellence and demonstrated skill to take up research career in Basic Sciences.
ELIGIBILITY – BASIC SCIENCES
- Stream SA: Students enrolled in the XI Standard (Science subjects) during the academic year 2012-2013 and have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination.
Stream SA-Mentoring Scheme:-Eligibility same as above and the students need not apply separately for the Mentoring Scheme. A Mentoring list over and above the regular merit list will be prepared. The students in the mentorship list will not be eligible for any Fellowship. Their Fellowship will be activated when these students enroll in an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./Int.M.Sc./M.S.) after XII Standard/(+2).
During the mentoring period of one year, they will be invited for Summer Program/Vijyoshi Camp and KVPY will meet their travel and other expenses.
- Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard/(+2) (Science subjects) during the academic year 2012-2013 and aspiring to join an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./Int.M.Sc./M.S.) for the session 2013-2014 provided they have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination.
- Stream SB: Students enrolled in the 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./Int.M.Sc./M.S. during the academic year 2012-2013 and have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST ) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects in the XII Standard (+2) Board Examination.
Empowerment initiative for SC/ST students in the KVPY fellowship Program:
A total number of additional Fellowships (up to 100) exclusively for the meritorious SC/ST students under the various streams stated above will be operated. A special orientation program for the selected SC/ST students will be organized.
- Each Stream has its own application form.
- Students may apply either by Hard copy or Online. (http://www.kvpy.org.in)
- Application forms may be downloaded from the KVPY Website. Those who are unable to do so, may request for a Hard copy enclosing therewith the paid “Bank Challan/ Pay – in – slip” (available at http://www.kvpy.org.in) clearly indicating the stream (i.e.SA./SX./SB) on the envelope.
- PROCESSING FEE: A processing fee of RS. 200/- may be remitted at any core banking branch of STATE BANK OF INDIA to the credit of “ Kishore vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) A/c. No. 10270577392”
- The Processing fee in exempted for the following category of students:
a) Students belonging to SC/ST
b) Physically and Visually challenged students
c) Girl students
|1||Last date for receipt of request for the application form:|
|By post||3rd September 2012|
|In person at KVPY||7th September 2012|
|2||Last date for applying online:||7th September 2012|
|3||Last date for receipt of the completed application both online/hard copy:||12 September 2012|
- The completed application form with the following documents super scribing on the envelope the stream applied for, should reach the KVPY Office on or before 12/09/2012:
i) Caste certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed proforma in the case of SC/ST students.
ii) Medical certificate from the prescribed authority in case of physically and visually challenged students.
iii) Copy of the marks statement of the qualifying examination (s).
iv) Original pay-in-slip of Rs.200/- if applicable.
- KVPY will not be responsible for postal delays in receiving the completed application form.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY),
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560012.
Phone: 08022932975/7623601008 Fax: 08023601215
For more details visit : http://www.kvpy.org.in
APTITUDE TEST WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY THE 4th NOVEMBER 2012 AT DIFFERENT CENTRES IN THE COUNTRY.