Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan decided to keep the teachers inside the school campus for 7:30 hours per day. In the 91st meeting of Board of Governors held on 19.01.2012, the KVS has instructed all KV teachers to attend the school for 7:30 hours per day.
These new norms will take effect from April 01, 2012. Teachers argue that if the students are not there whom they will teach as there is no change in teaching time. The school timings for students will be remaining same as 6 hours and 10 minutes.
The sangathan argues that RTE Act 2009 envisages 45 hours of work per week i.e. 7 Hours and 30 minutes par day. This includes planning/ preparation/ checking and other follow up work. School functions for 6 hours and 10 minutes therefore teachers may be retained after school hours for additional 1 hour and 20 minutes which can be used for planning/ preparation/ checking/ follow-up word and for ensuring safe arrival and exit of students before and after the school hours.
More from onlineteachers.co.in
- KVS completes uploading more than 60 pc lesson plans on software Kendriya Vidyalaya Sanghathan's (KVS) Electronic Comprehensive Teaching and Learning Tool (eCTLT), launched in July this year, has already […]
- Notice to KV for not admitting student Delhi high court has issued a notice to Kendriya Vidyalaya Keshavpuram seeking a response on an allegation that it had denied admission […]
- No Rise in MP quota in Kendriya Vidyalaya admissions In a move that would disappoint nearly 800 MPs, the law ministry has rejected the proposal to increase the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission […]
- PGT, TGT, PRT and other Teaching Jobs in KVS -2013 Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan KVS has issued a notification for many teaching and non-teaching jobs in KVS. Candidates are required to […]
- Extension of last date of admission in Kendriaya Vidyalaya KV Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has issued a circular regarding the extension of last date of admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas. Now Admission […]
- Kendriya Vidyalaya not to Detain Students till Class 8 Implementation of Right to Education Act in Kendriya Vidyalaya is now reflecting in it’s policies. Kendriya Vidayalaya Sangathan (KVS) […]
- Working Hours for KV Teachers Reduced again As per circular issued by KV Sangathan on 4th March, is was stated that the teachers have to sit in school for 7 hours and 30 minutes as […]
- Recruitment for the Posts of Trained Graduate Teachers, Primary Teachers and Misc. Teaching Posts for the Year 2011-12 KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18, Institutional Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi– 110602
Tele: 26858570, FAX […]