Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies 2013
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF) invites applications for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies for 2013.
The scholarships are available to the following categories of students:
1) Indian Nationals for Ph.D. study in India; and
2) Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D. study in India.
Areas Of Specialization
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
1. Physical Sciences
2. Chemical Sciences
3, Mathematical Sciences
4. Biological Sciences
5. Computer Sciences
6. Engineering Sciences
7. Environmental Sciences
8. Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture
9. Indian History & Civilisation
12. Studies on Jawaharlal Nehru
At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
1. Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
2. already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply.
3. not be above 35 years of age at the time of applying.
4. be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
5. have valid GATE /NET score.
Duration Of Scholarship: Upto 2 years.
Value Of Scholarship For Both The Categories
a) Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.12,000 per month
b) Annual contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs. 15,000 per annum
Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110 011 on or before 31-05-2013.
- A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
2) A synopsis of not more than 1500 words or about 3 pages of 1.5 spaced text.
3) University Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor/Guide’s report.
4) Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
- for detail http://www.jnmf.in/sabout.html