The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Allahabad is a Deemed University that offers courses in science and technology in India. Interested and Eligible Candidates can read all the essential details of IIIT Allahabad Admission for UG, PG, and other courses.
IIIT Allahabad Admission – Undergraduates
Admissions under JEE (Main): Admissions to the four year B.Tech. Program in both the branches (IT & ECE) of the Institute is made through All India Entrance Examination by appropriate bodies, as decided by Govt. of India from time to time. Official Notification of this examination is given wide publicity through national dailies during September-December every year. Application forms-cum-Brochure are made available throughout the country.
Admissions under DASA: The admissions of foreign nationals and Indian students studying abroad to undergraduate Engineering programs in Centrally Funded Institutions (CFIs) is being done under DASA (Direct Admission of Students Abroad) scheme. Candidates who have secured 60% aggregate marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point grade or equivalent grades in all subjects of qualifying examination i.e. senior secondary [10+2] or equivalent and have a valid SAT Subject Test score in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics level –II with a minimum score of 1440 are eligible. Those seeking admission under DASA scheme have to apply online, filling an online application form.
IIIT Allahabad Admission – Post Graduates
MBA & MBA – Ph.D (Dual Degree) Admission: An applicant must have a valid CAT score and Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with minimum 60 % marks/ 7.0 CGPI or An applicant with valid CAT score and M. Sc. (Operations Research, Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) / MCA with minimum 65% marks/7.5 CGPA. ) with valid CAT Percentile Score are only eligible for consideration.
M.Tech Admissions: Admission is done on the basis of valid GATE score only through CCMT Counselling. Centralized Counselling is an online counselling facility for M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Admissions in all National Institutes of Technologies (NITs) and several other Centrally funded institutes.
Doctoral Programme – Ph.D Admission December Session 2016
IIIT Allahabad has published notification for admission for Ph.D. Programme in the areas like IT, ECE, Applied Science, Management & Bio-informatics or any other new areas related to Information Technology or in the interdisciplinary domain with IT as one of the domains for admission to the full time residential Ph. D. Programme in the following Departments.
Last date for Applying is 05 Nov 2016.
Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D Programme at IIIT Allahabad have to fill their Application form the direct link provided below. Candidates are requested to read the instruction carefully before filling the Application form.
Application Fee is Rs. 500 for General / OBC and Rs 250 for SC/ST Candidates
PhD Admission (entry after B.Tech and M.Sc.)
- The candidate must have first division in Graduation and Post graduation with a minimum of CGPI 8 on a scale of 10 or 75%.
- Only B.Tech. degree from an IIT/IIIT/NIT/Any other Premium Institute of repute with minimum of 75% Premium Institute of repute with minimum of 75% marks/8.5 CGPI and with valid GATE score may also apply.
PhD Admission (entry after M.Tech and MBA)
- The candidate must have M.Tech./M.E. degree with minimum of 65% marks/7.5 CGPI and First division minimum of 65% marks/7.5 CGPI and First division in B.Tech. or equivalent degree with GATE score.
- Ph. D. admission in Information Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering Candidates must have B.Tech/M.Tech. or Equivalent Degree and with a GATE Score in the respective discipline.
- For Ph. D. admission in Management Studies, candidates must have MBA/PGDBM. IT background is desirable. GATE/ UGC-CSIR NET/JRF qualified and Valid CAT/ GMAT Score.
- For Ph. D. admission in Bioinformatics and Applied Sciences, candidate must have either M. Tech. or M. Sc. (IT/CS/Bio-Tech./Bioinformatics/Life Sciences/Statistics/Mathematics/Physics) with valid GATE score.
- It is mandatory that the candidate should have cleared GATE Score/CSIR/JRF/ICAR/DST/INSPIRE Fellowship examination to be eligible for institute scholarship.
- Relaxation to reserved-category candidates is as per Government of India Rules. Applicants are required to apply online. Application fee is Rs. 500/- for General/OBC.
For official notification – Click Here.