Haryana University Admission 2017 details are given below. Central University of Haryana Admission to all programmes of study (PG, M.Phil. and Ph.D.) will be through Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) 2017.
All the Students are required to register themselves online on the University website after declaration of results of CUCET-2017 to appear for the Counselling. The students whose name figures in the merit list as displayed on the University website and Notice-Boards are required to present themselves with all relevant documents in original at the time of Counselling.
Haryana University Admission 2017
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes
Reservation of seats in admissions to various programmes of study shall be in the following manner:
Scheduled Caste: =15% of total intake in each programme
Scheduled Tribe: =7 ½ % of total intake in each programme
Other Backward Classes: =27% of total intake in each programme
The seats reserved for the SC/ST shall be filled by the SC/ST candidates only. However, in the case of non-availability of the eligible candidates the reserved seats may be interchanged between the SC & ST. If still any seat remains unfilled due to non-availability of eligible candidates of either Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or both, may be thrown open to the general category in that year provided this has been notified to the National Commission for Scheduled Castes/Tribes; University Grants Commission and the Ministry of Human Resource Development and concurrence has been obtained, failing which the seat will be left vacant
The seats reserved for the OBCs shall be filled with the OBC candidates only. Only if OBC candidates possessing the minimum eligibility marks are not available in the OBC category then the vacant OBC seats shall be converted into General Category seats in accordance with the admission schedule notified by the University.
Supernumerary seats for Haryana University Admission 2017
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) = 3% of total intake in each programme shall be reserved for the PWD. The reserved seats shall be filled by the eligible PWD candidates in order of their merit.
- Children/Widows of the eligible Armed Forces Personnel (CW Category) =5% of the seats in each programme shall be reserved for these candidates
Admission of candidates belonging to CW categories shall be made in the following order of priorities:
- Widows/Wards of Defence personnel killed in action;
- Wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action;
- Widows/Wards of Defence personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to military service;
- Wards of Defence personnel disabled in peace time with disability attributable to the military service; and
- Wards of Ex-servicemen personnel/serving personnel including personnel of police forces who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards;
Category-V (Gallantry Awards) include: Param Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Mention-inDespatches, Sena, Nau Sena, Vayusena Medal, Yudh Seva Medal (Gallantry).
Authorities Competent to issue educational concession certificates under CW category:-
- Secretary, Kendriya, Sainik Board, Delhi
- Secretary, Rajya Zila Sainik Board
- Officer-in-Charge, Records Office
- Competent Authority of Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Home Affairs (for Police personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards)
- Wards of Ex-servicemen.
- Wards of Serving Personnel.
Foreign Nationals –5% seats in each programme in each Department.
Sports/Extra Curricular Activities (ECA)
For undergraduate courses: Sports/ECA Persons=upto 5% of total intake in each undergraduate programme may be offered to the candidates on the basis of Sports and ECA on the recommendations of a Committee consisting of the following:
- Dean of the concerned School – Chairman
- Head of the concerned Department
- One External Expert to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor
- Director, Physical Education
- Dean Students’ Welfare (Convener)
For postgraduate courses: Sports= upto 5% of total intake in each postgraduate programmes may be offered to the candidates on the basis of Sports on the recommendations of the Committee constituted under Clause (a) above.
Two seats for the students of Jammu & Kashmir.