Haryana is going to conduct TET 2011 HTET for teachers in Haryana on September 24, 2011 and September 25, 2011. Haryana TET is being conducted for Primary Teachers, Elementary Teachers and Lecturers in Haryana. The validity of the test will be five years.
A person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher or Lecturer in any of the schools recognized by the Department of School Education, Haryana and affiliated by the Board of School Education, Haryana has to qualify the “Haryana Teacher’s Eligibility Test”. Qualifying in the Teacher Eligibility Test is made mandatory to ensure that persons recruited as teachers possess the essential aptitude and ability to meet the challenges of teaching at Elementary, Secondary and Senior Secondary levels.
There will be three tests :
- For those who want to teach in primary classes (I-V)
- For those who want to teach in elementary classes (VI-VIII)
- For those who want to teach in higher classes (IX-XII)
Those who want to teach in both primary and elementary classes (I-VIII) have to sit in both papers separately.
Candidates studying in final year of the qualifying professional degree whichever is required for eligibility as mentioned in these guidelines/instructions are also eligible to apply for the test. Their candidature by the appointing authority, however, shall be considered only when they have acquired the minimum qualification.
The condition of having pass ‘Matric with Hindi/Sanskrit or Sr. Secondary / Graduation / Post Graduation with Hindi as one of the Subjects’ will be applicable at the time of applying for the post of Teacher and not for appearing in the HTET.
Schedule of examination :
|S. No.||Date of Test||Category||Timing||Duration|
|1||24.09.2011||Teachers for I to V||11:00 am to|
|2||24.09.2011||Teachers for VI to VIII||2:30 pm to 4:00 pm||One-and-a-half hour|
|3||25.09.2011||Lecturer||11:00 am o|
Language of question papers : All questions except those concerning language subjects, will be bilingual i.e. Hindi and English.
Frequency of conduct of HTET, number of available attempts to appear and validity period of HTET certificate:
- The HTET for the above said categories shall be conducted at least once a year.
- The Validity Period of HTET qualifying certificate for appointment will be five years from the date of passing HTET.
- Validity of already qualified STET certificate of all the above said three categories will continue for a period of five years (from the date of passing on the pattern of present HTET), instead of unspecified period as per earlier notification dated 24th July 2009.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring HTET Certificate.
- Candidates who have already qualified STET will have the option to appear in the fresh HTET to improve their score, if they so desire as the weightage will be given to HTET score at the time of recruitment.
- Old STET Certificate of JBT Category will be valid for Classes I to V only.
- Old STET Certificate of Master Category will be valid for Classes VI to VIII only.
- Old Certificate of STET (Lecturer) shall be considered as valid for eligibility for Lecturer/PGT category.
Weightage and improvement of performance :
- A person who scores 60% or more in the HTET exam. will be considered as HTET pass and weightage shall be given to the HTET in the recruitment process. However, qualifying the HTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility conditions for appointment. In addition, the candidate will have to fulfill other additional qualifications/conditions prescribed from time to time as per State Recruitment Rules, while applying for the said post.
- A person who has qualified HTET/STET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
Examination centre :
The Board of School Education Haryana reserves the right to create examination centre anywhere in the State of Haryana including Chandigarh.
Application procedure :
Prospectus-cum-Application Form will be available in the office of the Board of School Education Haryana at Bhiwani as well as at District Coordination Centres of the Board situated at all District Headquarters (Address given at Annexure-II) and Book Sellers registered with the Board, on cash payment of Rs 600/- (Rupees Six Hundred Only) for General Category candidates (All Categories except S.C. and Differently abled (PH) Candidates) and of Rs. 300/- (Rupees Three Hundred) for Reserved Category (S.C. and Differently abled (PH) Candidates only).
The candidates are advised to apply on the application form meant for their own category and submit the application form complete in all respects at the District Coordination Centre of their respective district headquarter (Address given at Annexure-II) on or before 12.08.2011 up to 5.00 P.M. 12 Complete application forms should be dropped into the relevant box kept at the Board HQs at Bhiwani and also at all District Coordination Centre.
- Application forms received by post after the scheduled date and time will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- If a candidate is eligible and wishes to apply for more than one category, he/she shall have to submit separate application form for each category.
- Please ensure before submitting the application form that:
- the candidate has signed the Form at specified place;
- the candidate has pasted the recent passport size photograph in the manner as shown in clause 15, in the space earmarked for it;
- the candidate has affixed his/her respective thumb impression in the manner as shown in clause 15, in the space earmarked for it;
- the candidate has written name and complete mailing address in CAPITAL letters including PIN CODE
- the candidate has kept a photocopy of the application form for use as reference for future correspondence.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date for Sale of Prospectus & receipt of Application Form: 12-08-2011
Dates of Test:
- For Category 1 (Teacher for class I to V) 24-09-2011 (SATURDAY)
- For Category 2(Teacher for class VI toVIII) 24-09-2011 (SATURDAY)
- For Category 3(Lecturer) 25-09-2011 (SUNDAY)
Information regarding receipt of applications will be put on the Board’s website www.hbse.nic.in. The candidates can check the receipt of their applications on the website well before the date of examination. Candidates whose particulars do not appear on the website may write to the Assistant Secretary (Special Exam.) and forward a photocopy of the application form and one passport size photograph (as pasted on the application form)