- The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organization set up in 1961 by the Government of India to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on Policies and programmes for qualitative improvement in school education. The Regional Institutes of Education located in the different regions of the country are major constituent units of NCERT. One of the major objectives of the NCERT and its constituent units is to organize pre-service and in-service training of teachers and teacher trainees and to develop and disseminate innovative educational techniques and practices. The Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer was set up in 1963. It caters to the educational needs of the teachers of northern region comprising the States of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and the UT of Chandigarh. The Institute is affiliated to Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati (MDS) University, Ajmer and recognized by the by NCTE. The admission in RIE Ajmer is restricted to the candidates belonging to the States/ UT of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Chandigarh (For details see website of RIE Ajmer). The number of the seats available in RIE, Ajmer for admission to B.Sc. B.Ed. programme is 50 for Physical Science Group and 50 for Biological Science Group. The Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar caters to the educational needs of teachers of eastern region. Admission to B.Sc. B.Ed. course is restricted to States/ UT of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal and Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The course of the Institute is affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar and recognized by the NCTE. (For details see website of RIE, Bhubaneswar). The number of seats available in RIE, Bhunbaneswar for the admission in B.Sc. B.Ed.programme is 50 for Physical Science Group and 50 for Biological Science Group. The Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal caters to the educational needs of teachers of western region of the country comprising of the States/ UTs of Madhya Pradesh , Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli. The Institute is affiliated to Barkatullah University, Bhopal for its courses. The admission to B.Sc. B.Ed. Programme is restricted to the candidates belonging to the States/ UT of Madhya Pradesh , Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli. (For details see website of RIE Bhopal) The number of seats available in RIE Bhopal for admission in B.Sc B.Ed programme is 40 for Physical Science Group and 40 for Biological Science Group. The Regional Institute of Education, Mysore caters to the educational needs of the teachers of southern region of the country comprising the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and the UT of Puducherry and Lakshadweep. The RIE Mysore is affiliated to the University of Mysore. Admission to B.Sc Ed. Programme of RIE is restricted to candidates having domicile in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, the UT of Puducherry and Lakshadweep. (For details see website of RIE Mysore) The number of the seats available in RIE Mysore for admission in B.Sc Ed. Programme is 30 for Physical Science Group and 30 for Biological Science Group.
2. About B.Sc.B.Ed./ B.Sc.Ed. Course
- The B.Sc.B.Ed. /B.Sc.Ed. Course is a professional course and it aims at producing competent teachers of science teaching at secondary level. This is an innovative teacher education course. It provides training in methodology along with instruction in various content areas. The four year integrated course has been designed in keeping with the latest researches and experiments in the field of education. Besides having latest knowledge in content areas the teacher trainees become well versed in pedagogy and communication skills which are integrated throughout the duration of the course. The B.Sc. B.Ed./B.Sc. Ed. course (4yr) has been one the most prestigious courses offered by the constituent Institutes (RIEs) of NCERT, New Delhi. In the recent past many candidates were selected for regular job of teachers on the basis of campus interviews by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Delhi Public School and other reputed schools of the country.
3. Eligibility for B.Sc.B.Ed./ B.Sc.Ed. Course
- Candidates seeking admission to Physical Science Group must have passed with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) (Mathematics includes Mathematics or Statistics) and those seeking admission to Biological Science Group (CBZ) must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) (Biology includes Biology or Biotechnology) at +2 level.
- Candidates must have passed +2 / Hr. Sec./ Sr. Sec. or any equivalent examination recognised by University/ Board with at least 60% marks in aggregate of subjects of combination of the group they are applying for ( relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ ST/PH candidates). The examination should be recognised by the affiliated universities of the RIEs.
- Candidates who have passed +2 or any equivalent examination in 2012, 2013 or appearing /appeared in 2014 only.
4. Reservation of Seats
- As per the Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. The following reservations are available SC 15%, ST 7.5%, OBC 27%, PH 3% Candidates applying under reservation quota will be considered only on the basis of the lists notified by the Government of India and the category certificate/ PH certificate in the format approved by the GOI and issued by the competent authority. OBC candidates will have to attach a certificate from competent authority stating that he/ she does not belong to creamy layer.
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls are available on each RIE campus.
6. Other General Information
- The candidates are expected to fill the form online. However in case of difficulty in filling the form online, after registration on the online application system web link, they can send the application by printing the form and sending by post or in person. These application forms will also be uploaded by the Institute with the same registration number marked on the form. The candidates have to download the admit card by using this registration number from online application system web link. The candidates for common entrance examination have the option to apply either online or offline. The fee for application is 600/- for General and OBC and 300/- for SC/ ST/ PH candidates. After getting the registration number, candidates can deposit the fee through online mode or cash (by challan generation) through SBI Collect. Details are given below at point (11). For online submission of application form visit websites www.rieajmer.ac.in or www.ncert.nic.in and follow the instructions carefully. The applicants must note that after submission of the application form it cannot be withdrawn. Claims for refund of application fee will not be entertained. For filling and submitting the application form please go through the following general information.
- Ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility criteria for the admission to B.Sc. B.Ed./B.Sc. Ed. Course.
- Application form must be completed in all respects. Incomplete application form will be outrightly rejected and there will be no further correspondence in this regard.
Option once selected in the application form cannot be changed later.
- The application fee is non refundable.
- The application form duly completed in all respects, after printing the form in offline mode should reach to the Administrative Officer, Regional Institute of Education, Capt. D.P. Chaudhry Marg, Ajmer 305004 Rajasthan latest by 2nd May, 2014.
- No written acknowledgment will be given for the receipt of the application. However, the candidate can verify application status on RIE, Ajmer website www.rieajmer.ac.in
- Write your name in capital letters as given in your 10th class certificate or equivalent. While filling in offline mode, write each single letter in each of the boxes one by one. Leave only one blank box between consecutive words of your name.
- If you are visually impaired and unable to read question papers in normal printed size font even with corrective spectacles/lenses and require question papers with enlarged font or require an amanuensis (scribe) then write code 01 for ‘yes’ and 02 for ‘no’ in front box.
- Year of passing / appearing qualifying examination should be written clearly.
- For Date of Birth, enter the date, month and year of your birth as per the English calendar and as recorded in your 10th certificate using 01 to 31for date and 01 to 12 (January to December) for month and the four digits for the year.
- You have been given list of the centres and their corresponding codes where the centre for the common entrance examination will be located. Select any three city codes from the list. Your first preference must be entered first, then second and thereafter third.
- During the common entrance examination bilingual (English/Hindi) question paper will be provided.
- Write the complete postal address. The address must include your name, c/o name and full address with PIN code. Write your mobile no. also through which messages can be sent or contacted if required. E-mail address must be written clearly using small letters.
- Your recent colour photograph should be affixed in the given box.
- Please read the disclaimer given on printed form carefully. By signing the form (Offline/Online), candidate abides with the declaration. Please note that this signature will appear in your admit card and will be verified during the examination.
- Only after 24 hours of getting the registration in both offline as well as online mode from online application system web link, candidates can submit their fee through SBI Collect. Candidates can pay through any debit or credit cards or in cash by printing the challan form through SBI Collect.
- Go to website: https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Click on State Bank Collect
- Read and accept the terms and conditions and click on Proceed button at the bottom of the page
- In the drop down menu of State of Corporate/Institution * select the state All India and in the drop down menu Type of Corporate/Institution * select Educational Institutions
- Click on Go button
- Select Principal RIE Ajmer (CEE) in drop down and click on submit button.
- Again Select Payment Category * as RIE CEE-2014-15
- Using the registration ID, please pay entrance examination fee either through Online Payment (Net Banking, Card Payment) or by cash with SBI Challan (to be printed online at State Bank Collect).
- Candidates (both Offline or Online) after depositing examination fee, have to generate the e-receipt (from payment history at State Bank Collect) and have to attach with offline application form or printed filled-in online application form for submission to RIE Ajmer.
7. Code for RIEs are as follows
- RIE Ajmer – 01
- RIE Bhopal – 02
- RIE Bhubaneswar – 03
- RIE Mysore – 04
8. State/UT of Domicile
- Select the appropriate State /UT against which you are seeking admission. As a proof of eligibility of State/ UT for admission the candidate has to produce any one of the following documents :
- Evidence of having passed the qualifying examination from the State/ UT as given in the advertisement.
- In case of legal guardian / parents is an employee of State/ Central Govt. / Govt. of India undertaking/ Autonomous bodies the latest certificate of place of posting in the State/ UT
- A domicile certificate from the competent authority.
Candidates need to fill any one of the choices (a) , (b) or (c).
9. Admit Card
- The admit card will bear the name, photograph, roll number, signature, date of birth, address, category of the candidate, along with the name and address of the examination centre allotted. The admit card can be downloaded from the same online application system web link by using their initial registration number. The candidate will have to bring admit card to the examination centre. Only those candidates who will be holding admit cards will be allowed to appear in the examination.
10. Areas for Common Entrance Examination
- Areas to be tested
- Teaching Aptitude/ Attitude
- Reasoning ability
- Language proficiency in English
- Out of 100 marks, Teaching Aptitude/ Attitude- 30%, Reasoning Ability- 30% Language proficiency in English – 20%
- Rest 20% weightage will be of aggregate marks obtained in 12th exam only in subject of combinations of the group they are applied for.
- Medium of test booklets – only in English and Hindi
- No. of test items- 80, Time Duration- 90 Minutes
11. Results of Common Entrance Examination & Ranking
- The candidates will be able to know their merit RIE-wise/ category-wise www.rieajmer.ac.in . The merit will be prepared on the basis of the sum of the aggregate marks obtained in 12th exam only in subject of combinations of the group they have applied for (20% weightage), and marks obtained in Common Entrance Examination (CEE). In tie-up cases in various rank lists adopted for awarding ranks to the candidates who have scored the same marks will be preferred on following basis :
Marks obtained in Teaching Aptitude/ Attitude.
12. Counselling and Admission
- The Counselling and admission will be done in respective RIEs. The details of the counselling and admission procedures and dates will be available on the websites of concerned RIEs. For availabilty of number of seats for State/UTs please contact to RIE concerned.
- All SC,ST and 50% of remaining students will be awarded scholarships as per NCERT rules on submission of parent’s income certificate. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit list of admission. Staying in hostel is compulsory for Scholarship holders.