EFLU Admission 2016 for English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU) is on the basis of EFLU Entrance Exam 2016. Candidates are advised to check their result and visit this page regularly to get updates related to EFLU Admission. Candidates can check the complete details of EFLU Admissions 2016 such as EFLU application form, important dates etc from this page given below.
Latest:- EFLU University Admission Result has been Declared. Check below.
EFLU Admission 2016
English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU) offers admission to Foreign National and Indian Students in various courses. On this page, candidates can check the details of EFLU Admission 2016 for For Foreign National Students and for Indian Students separately.
English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU) Admissions 2016 – For Foreign National Students
EFL University offers three levels of programmes for International students. Candidates can work towards an undergraduate degree (B.A. Honours), a postgraduate degree (M.A.), or a research degree (Ph.D.). The details of the various degrees are given under Programmes in the Facetoface Mode and Distance mode at Hyderabad Campus, Lucknow Campus and the North East Campus at Shillong. Candidates can check the complete details of course offered by EFL University for Foreign National Students from this page given below.
Schedule for EFLU Admission 2016 for Foreign National Student
|Applications accepted till||15 Apr 2016|
|Commencement of Registration process||01 May 2016|
|Selected candidates will be informed by||10 Jun 2016|
|Selected candidates have to register by||25 Jul 2016|
|Commencement of Academic Session||01 Aug 2016|
To check complete details of academic programmes offered by EFL University for Foreign National Students – Click here
Candidates applied for admission in EFL University can check their result here.
Admission Result – Declared
Based on the eligibility as determined in the entrance test, interview, and academic record submitted and on the number of seats vacant, selected candidates are offered provisional admission to the first semester of the programme given below for the year 2016-17. Candidates can check the result on the official website of the EFL University. Direct link to check the admission result is also available on this page.
Check Admission Result here
- MA JMC (Shillong) First List
- PhD (ELT) First List
- PhD English Literature First List – New!
- PhD Hindi Second List – New!
- PhD Linguistics & Phonetics First List – New!
- PhD Linguistics & Phonetics Second List –New!
Note:- Candidates are requested to come between 28 Jul from 10 am to 5 pm for verification of certificates and registration.
Entrance Test Result
EFL University has announced the result of entrance test on their official website. Candidates appeared in the entrance exam can check their result on the official website of the EFL University. Direct link to check the result of EFLU entrance exam is also available on this page.
To check the result of EFLU 2016 entrance test – Click here
English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU) Admissions 2016 – For Indian Students
EFL University offers admissions to the following programmes at Hyderabad, Lucknow and Shillong for the academic year 2016-2017.
- UG – B.A. (Hons.) English; B.A. (Hons.) Arabic; B.A. (Hons.) French; B.A. (Hons.) Japanese; B.A. (Hons.) Russian; B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication
- PG – M.A. English; M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication; M.A. Computational Linguistics; M.A. Hindi; M.A. Arabic; M.A. French; M.A. German; M.A. Russian; M.A. Spanish; M.A. English Literature; M.A. Linguistics
- Teacher Training Programmes: Post-graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English; B.Ed English
- Ph.D.Programmes: Ph.D. Linguistics & Phonetics; Ph.D. Education; Ph.D. English Language Education; Ph.D. Aesthetics & Philosophy; Ph.D. India Studies; Ph.D. Indian & World Literature; Ph.D. Film Studies & Visual Culture; Ph.D. Hindi; Ph.D. Cultural Studies; Ph.D. Arabic; Ph.D. French; Ph.D. Russian; Ph.D. English Literature
Schedule for EFLU Admission 2016 for Indian Students
As the university website was not accessible for three days due to technical problems, The schedule for EFLU Admission 2016 for Indian Students has been revised. (As given below)
|Last date for Submission of applications||21 Apr 2016 (5:00 PM)|
|Last date for payment of Entrance Examination fee||21 Apr 2016 (23.59)|
|Last date for sending the copies of online submitted application||25 Apr 2016 (5:00 PM)|
|Date of Computer Based Entrance Test||05 May 2016|
|Date of Pen and Paper Based Entrance Test||07 May 2016|
Mock Test for EFLU 2016 has been launched for all the candidates. Mock test is provided so that test takers can prepare for the online exam pattern. A dummy log in has been given so all you need to do is just visit the official EFLU Mock Test and familiarise yourself with the way questions are displayed in Examination. Check out the official EFLU Mock Test before appearing for your exam.
Click here to Start the EFLU Mock Test.
The online entrance tests for Undergraduate programmes, Post-graduate programmes, B.Ed, P.G.D.T.E., Ph.D. (Linguistics and Phonetics) and Ph.D. (Education) will be held in the following cities (subject to a minimum number of candidates opting for each of them.)
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Mumbai, Shillong, Vishakapatnam
For Ph.D. (English Language Education), Ph.D. (Aesthetics and Philosophy), Ph.D. (India Studies), Ph.D. (Indian and World Literatures), Ph.D. (Film Studies and Visual Culture), Ph.D. (Hindi), Ph.D. (Cultural Studies), Ph.D. (Arabic), Ph.D. (Russian), and Ph.D. (French), the entrance test is Paper-and-pen based, and is held in the following cities (subject to a minimum number of candidates opting for each of them):
- Hyderabad, Lucknow, Shillong
You can indicate any two test centres, in the order of your preference. Your admit pass will mention the centre you have been assigned in one of the cities you have indicated. You can write the entrance test only at the centre mentioned on the admit pass.
No request for a change of the test centres allocated will be entertained once the application is submitted.
The University reserves the right to cancel any of the above test centres, and reassign candidates to the city closest to the cancelled city.
Reservation of seats shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act 2006 and Circulars of Government of India issued and amended in this regard from time to time. Besides, the University shall also follow reservation in admission in all Programmes of studies in accordance with the Persons With Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
For Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) candidates
- 22.5% of seats in all Programmes will be reserved for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates in the following order: ·
- 15% for Scheduled Castes ·
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes will be given relaxation to the extent of 5% in the aggregate of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- UGC-sponsored, remedial classes in English are organized for SC/ST students admitted to the various programmes.
Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates
- On every programme, 27% of the intake is reserved for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates. In the case of OBC candidates, there is no relaxation of the qualifications required for admission.
There is a cut off mark in the entrance tests for admissions to all programmes as follows:
- Unreserved category: 50%
- OBC: 45%
- SC/ST/PWD: 30%
Candidates with Disabilities (Persons with Disabilities)
On every programme, candidates with a minimum disability of 40%, have supernumerary places reserved for them to the extent of 3% of the intake. Admission is granted to candidates whose disability does not come in the way of their pursuing the programme they are seeking admission to.
Along with their application form, eligible candidates have to submit an attested copy of a certificate of disability from a Civil Surgeon of a Government hospital, indicating the extent of the visual/physical disability and also the extent to which the disability may affect the pursuance of the course of study admission is sought to.
Candidates who are Children/Wards of Defence Personnel (Army, Air Force, Navy)
On every programme, supernumerary places are reserved for children/ wards of defence personnel to the extent of 1% of the intake.
In accordance with the Government of India guidelines, admission is granted according to the priority list below:
- widows/children/wards of defence personnel killed in action
- children/wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action · widows/children/wards of defence personnel whose death is attributed to peacetime military service
- widows/children/wards of defence personnel whose disability is attributed to peacetime military service
- children/wards of ex-servicemen and serving personnel who are recipients of the following gallantry awards: (ParamVir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, SarvottamYudhSeva Medal, Mahavir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, UttamYudhSeva Medal, Vir chakra, Shaurya Chakra, YudhSeva Medal, Sena,/NauSena/Vayusena Medal, Mention-in-Despatches)
- children/wards of ex-servicemen
- children/wards of serving personnel
For candidates who are Kashmiri Migrants
One supernumerary place is reserved on every programme for Kashmiri migrants. For such candidates, however, there is no relaxation of the qualifications required for admission.
To check complete details of EFLU Admission 2016 for Indian Students – Click here