The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is providing scholarship to the meritorious single girl students, who have passed CBSE Class X examination with at least 60 per cent marks/6.2 CGPA and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII.
The objective is to recognise the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students. The candidates studying in schools where the tuition fee is less than Rs 1, 500 per month will be considered. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been set at Rs 6, 000 per month maximum. Only Indian nationals should apply for the scholarships.
The scholarships will be provided for a period of one year i.e Class XI. Thereafter, it shall be renewed on the basis of marks secured by the candidates which should be at least 50 per cent in aggregate. The scholarship will be paid for a duration of two years only.
The rate of scholarship shall be Rs 500 per month. The payments will take place through demand drafts/ECS. The candidates filling the eligibility criteria, willing to apply need to fill in the application forms, online latest by September 15.
More from onlineteachers.co.in
- CBSEs 10+2 history will entail doing project work
History lessons for students will no longer be confined to the textbooks as CBSE plans to introduce project work in classes XI and […]
- CBSE grants 30 minutes extra for open book exams The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to give 30 minutes extra to students of Class IX and XI in the March 2014 […]
- CBSE to offer legal studies in classes XI, XII Aspiring lawyers can now start studying law in school itself. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to introduce […]
- RTI cannot be used to reveal CBSE marks, says Delhi High Court RTI cannot be used to reveal CBSE marks, says Delhi High Court. Apparently, Anil Kumar Kathpal, the father of the student in question, had […]
- CBSE Scholarship Scheme 2010 for class 12 pass students CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
SHIKSHA KENDRA, 2, COMMUNITY CENTRE, PREET VIHAR, DELHI-110092
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING ONLINE […]
- CBSE to introduce theatre studies in Class XI The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has introduced Theatre Studies as in elective subject in Class XI from the current […]
- ISC limits admission to CBSE students After the state board closed doors to Class XI admissions for those CBSE students who did not take the Class X board exam, the Council for […]
- New Measure by CBSE to Fight Admission Fraud New Measure by CBSE to Fight Admission Fraud. Expressing concern at the rampant allegations of corruption regarding admissions, CBSE’s […]