BITSAT 2017 is the Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. BITSAT 2017 scores, candidates may take admission in integrated first degree programmes at BITS Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campuses. Interested Candidates who appearing for BITSAT 2017, and are eligible, can fill and submit BITSAT 2017 application form as per schedule. Exam consists of questions on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning. Students get a time window of more than two months to apply. Usually BITS Pilani releases notification for BITSAT in the month of December / January and holds exams in the month of May. Candidates can read all essential details related to BITSAT 2017 such as dates, eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, result are explained on this page.
Last year Birla Institute of Technology and Science held BITSAT from 14th to 28th May. Advertisement / notification for BITSAT 2017 is expected to be published in December 2016 / January 2017.
Here is a quick overview of BITSAT exam. This is for the reference of all students who are preparing for engineering entrance exams 2017. It is important to realize that BITSAT 2017 will be an all-India level engineering entrance exam. As BITS Pilani is usually ranked high in engineering colleges ranking every year, a large number of students compete to get admission in it.
- BITSAT 2017 is expected to be held in the month of May, 2017.
- It is a computer based test. Another key point is that all questions are multiple choice type.
- BITSAT 2017 question paper (online) will consist of questions on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics predominantly. Also there will be questions on Logical reasoning and English proficiency. Those who are appearing for B.Pharm programme instead of Engineering discipline will have to appear for Biology subject instead of Mathematics in the exam.
- Read eligibility criteria before applying.
- Once you have applied for BITSAT 2017, you will be able to book slot during slot booking. Appear for exam on date and time slot you finally get, with admit card of BITSAT 2017.
- You can see scores / marks immediately after exam and that will be how you get to know BITSAT Result 2017. Participate in counselling thereupon to get admission in one of the first degree integrated programmes in BITS Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad.
BITSAT 2017 Important Dates
Pre-exam events start happening around December month. In the first place Birla Institute of Technology and Science will release advertisement for BITSAT 2017. That will have facts such as exam date, last date to apply for BITSAT 2017, and eligibility. After that students can start applying at bitsadmission.com. Application form submission can be done until last date. Next, applicants can book date and time slot for BITS Admission Test. Ultimately if you have applied, you can appear for exam at assigned exam center.
As BITS has not yet declared BITSAT 2017 important dates, we have compiled expected dates and last year dates in following table. This will help you in getting an idea as to when certain events related to BITSAT 2017 may occur.
|Last date to apply for BITSAT||Expected in March 2017, first week; last year the last date to apply was 08 Mar 2016|
|Edit details in the application form during these dates||Expected in March 2017, second week; last year the dates to edit application were 7 to 8 Mar 2016|
|Announcement of allotment of test centers to candidates is to be done on||Expected in March 2017, second week; last year the test center allotment was announced on 10 Mar 2016|
|Slot booking / reservation of test dates will be carried out for BITSAT||Expected in March 2017, last week; last year slot booking was done between 21 Mar to 10 Apr 2016|
|Download BITSAT 2016 Admit Card||Expected in April 2017, first week; last year the admit card was available between 6 Apr and 30 Apr|
|BITSAT exam dates||Expected in May 2017, third and fourth week; last year the exam was held from 14 to 28 May 2016|
|Candidates can apply for admission with class 12 marks and indicate degree programmes preferences||Expected in June 2017; last year the application was received between 20 May to 30 Jun 2016|
|Announcement of admit list and wait list||Expected in July 2017, first week; last year lists were released on 01 Jul 2016|
“Please note that official details of BITSAT 2017 have not yet been announced. However, several students have started looking for information on BITSAT. For the purpose of providing some information to them, we have compiled data based on last year’s exam here. All information on this page is at the moment as per last year’s exam and only for reference. We will update information as soon as BITS releases BITSAT 2017 information brochure.
“Expected eligibility criteria is given. Usually eligibility norms remain same each year. However if there are any changes this year, you will know about them when BITSAT 2017 information brochure is available.
All programmes except B.Pharm
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 exam from recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and proficiency in English.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 exam from recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Mathematics and proficiency in English.
For all programmes, the following conditions need to be satisfied in order for the candidate to be eligible for BITSAT.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 75% in aggregate of PCM / PCB with at least 60% in each subject Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology.
- Applicant should have either passed 12th class exams in 2016 or is going to appear in 2017.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
Students who have secured first rank in central or state board in India can get direct admission in BITS Pilani campuses, in course of their choice. Their admission will be irrespective of the scores or rank obtained in BITSAT. They must however fulfill other eligibility conditions.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
BITSAT is a computer based test. The test is designed to test student’s aptitude in subjects which would decide his / her merit for engineering admissions, pharmacy admissions, M.Sc admissions. The detailed exam pattern of BITSAT, as per last year’s pattern, is given below.
|Part I – Physics||40|
|Part II – Chemistry||40|
|Part III (a) – English Proficiency||15|
|Part III (b) – Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV – Mathematics / Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
- Duration of exam is three (3) hours.
- All the questions will be objective multiple choice questions with four options each. Only one answer will be correct.
- Marks scored for correct answer would be +3. Incorrect answer will fetch negative marking, of -1 mark.
- There is no separate time limit for individual sections. Student can navigate through all the questions at any time within the duration of exam.
If a candidate answers all 150 questions in 180 minutes, he / she will get extra questions. There will be a maximum of 12 extra questions which will be a good opportunity to score higher.
BITSAT Preparation 2017
A large number of students appearing in engineering entrance exams take the BITSAT exam. Last year’s statistics was as follows.
|Students registered for BITSAT (2016)||1,94,000 +|
|Number of seats||2,250|
If you have decided to pursue engineering in Under Graduation, scoring high in BITSAT for BITS Pilani Admission 2017-2018 might already be one of your goals. Here are some points to keep in mind while preparing.
- The general syllabus is similar to that for other engineering entrance exams like the JEE. You do not have to specifically prepare topics for the BITSAT exam.
- However, it is wise to go through the syllabus of BITSAT 2017 and make sure that you have covered all the topics.
- There is negative marking in the entrance exam. One (1) mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. Remember this during the exam and avoid answering questions you are less than 50% sure of.
- Extra questions are displayed for candidates who have answered all 150 questions and time is left. You can attempt maximum of twelve (12) extra questions.
- BITSAT is the only exam where extra questions are displayed.
Get an idea of minimum marks required to be scored in the exam. Year 2015’s cut offs are given here for that purpose. This year cut off will vary depending upon level of difficulty of exam, average performance of test takers, number of seats.
|BE (Hons)||Cut Off BITS Pilani||Cut Off BITS Goa||Cut Off BITS Hyderabad|
|Electronics and Instrumentation||340||311||311|
|Electrical and Electronics||362||327||318|
BITSAT Application Form
Birla Institute of Technology and Science will release BTSAT 2017 Application Form online. Last year they issued online application form on 8th January. Likewise, this year also they may release forms in January only. As soon as application form is available, you can fill in details in BITSAT 2017 Application Form and submit it with fees.
BITSAT 2017 Application Form – How to apply, when to apply?
The following major points regarding BITSAT Application Form should be noted.
- Read the information brochure and note the following points – Are you eligible for BITSAT? What mode of fee payment will you opt for while filling the BITSAT Application Form? Do you have all the documents you need to refer to while filling up the form?
- Keeping the important documents handy, proceed to fill up the BITSAT Application Form on the official website bitsadmission.com.
- After entering all the details correctly, uploading documents, check that everything mentioned in the form is verifiable.
- Pay requisite application fees and submit the form before last date specified in the important dates table.