Admission notice academic session 2010-11 Dated: 16th March, 2010
Sikkim University, a central university, established by an act of parliament of India under the Sikkim university act 2006 (10 of 2007) and came into existence on 2 July 2007. Sikkim University is being designed in such a way so as to make it known for academic excellence and innovative interdisciplinary research, its all inclusive institutional character and a strong instrument of regional development and cross- border integration. The University expects to attract students and faculty members from both within India and abroad particularly from the immediate neighboring countries. The university is trying to bring in the best practices of academic programmes, teaching methods and curriculum designing both from within and outside India.
(i) Application are invited from the eligible candidates for the entrance examination in the following programmes/ courses for the Academic session 2010-11:
1. BA-MA in Chinese language [Integrated 10 Semester Programme], school of social sciences.
2. B Sc-M Sc in Psychology [Integrated 10 Semester Programme], school of social sciences.
3. BA-LLB-LLM in law and legal Jurisprudence Studies [Integrates 14 Semester Programme], school of law and government.
4. B Ss M Sc in Floriculture and Horticulture Management [Integrated 12 Semester Programme], School of Sustainable Development and Livelihood Management.
5. M Sc in Physical Sciences (Physics), School of Physical and Chemical sciences.
6. M Sc in chemical sciences (chemistry), School of physical and chemical sciences.
7. M Sc in Microbiology, school of life sciences.
8. MA in International Relation /Politics, school of Global studies.
9. MA in peace and conflict studies and management, school of peace, conflict and human security studies.
10. MA in sociology, school of social sciences.
11. MA in Mass communication, school of media, communication and Information Sciences.
12. M Sc in Geography, School of Social Sciences.
13. M Sc in Economics, School of Social Sciences.
14. M Phil/Ph D in Microbiology, School of Life Sciences.
15. M Phil/Ph D in International Relations/ Politics, School of Global Studies.
16. M Phil/PhD in peace and Conflict Studies and Management, School of Peace, Conflict and Human Security Studies.
17. M Phil / PhD in Sociology, School of Social Sciences.
The entrance examination for the above programmes/courses will be conducted at Aizawl, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennal, Darjeeling, Gangtok, Guwahati, Hyderabadm Imphal, Kalimpong, Kathmandu [Nepal],Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Namchi [Sikkim],New Delhi, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Sillguri, Thimpu [Bhutan] and Thiruvananthapuram.
(ii) Candidates can apply for more than one subject in separate application forms provided they are eligible.
(iii) Entrance examination fee for each subject should be drown as Demand Draft in favour of SIKKIM UNIVERSITY payable at Gangtok. The examination fee for General candidates for each subject is Rs.300/- and for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Differently Abled [DA] candidates is Rs. 150/-.
(iv) Last date for the submission of the forms: 20th April 2010.
(v) Seats Reserved for – SC – 15%, ST – 7.5%, OBC (Non – Creamy Layer) – 27%, DA 3%.
(vi) Any candidate who is appearing or going to appear in the final year qualifying examinations can also apply provided the final mark sheet proving eligibility is submitted to the University by 1st October 2010.
(vii) Examination Schedules:
Saturday, 8th May 2010 (10 AM to 1 PM)
MA in Sociology
M Sc in Microbiology
BA-MA in Chinese Language [Integrated 10 Semester Programme] M Phil/PhD in Microbiology
Saturday, 8th May 2010 (2 PM to 5 PM)
MA in Peace and Conflict Studies and Management
M Sc in Chemical Sciences (Chemistry)
BA-LLB-LLM in Law and Legal Jurisprudence Studies [Integrated 14 semester Programme] M Phil/ PhD in Sociology
Sunday, 9th May 2010 (10AM to 1PM)
MA in International Relations/Politics
M Sc in Physical Sciences (Physics)
M Sc in Economics
B Sc – M Sc in Floriculture and Horticulture Management [Integrated 12 semesters Programme] M Phil/ PhD in Peace and Conflict Studies and Management.
Sunday, 9th May 2010 (2 PM to 5 PM)
B Sc-M Sc in Psychology [Integrated 10 semesters Programme] M Sc in Geography
MA in Mass Communication
M Phil/ PhD in International Relations/ Politics
(viii) Declaration of Results: 1st June 2010
(ix) Commencement of Admission: 1st June 2010
Detailed information regarding admission procedure and eligibility, etc. is given in the Prospectus-cum-Application Form 2010-II which can be obtained from the SIKKIM UNIVERSITY Management building, located at 6th Mile Tadong, Gangtok from 9.30 am to 5.30pm till 20th April 2010 against cash payment of Rs. 250/-. It can also be obtained by post by paying Demand Draft of Rs. 300/- in favour of SIKKIM UNIVERSITY. Application can also download the form SIKKIM UNIVERSITY website.
More details such as eligibility conditions, affirmative policies are available in the Prospectus for the Academic Session 2010-II. Application form and prospectus can be downloadable form the SIKKIM UNIVERSITY website i.e. www.sillimuniversity.in
The filled-in applications forms with the entrance examination fee should reach the Controller of Examinations at address mentioned above by 20th April 2010.
Sikkim University (A Central University Established by an Act of Parliament of India)
6th Mile Samdur, P.O. Tadong, Gangtok- 737 102, Sikkim, Tel/fax: 03592-251415/251020
Email: suadmissions 2010 @ email. Com / Website: www.sikkimuniverstity.in