6th Pay Commission: Pay Fixation for School Teachers

The 6th Central Pay Commission recomendation have been approved by the union government. As per the recomendations, the pay scale of school teachers have been revised and upgraded. 

Primary School Teachers who are getting the scale of 4500-125-7000 presently have been upgraded to 6500-200-10500 and finally fixed in Pay Band-2 at 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 4200.

Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT) who are getting the scale of 5500-175-9000 presently have been upgraded to 7450-11500 and finally fixed in Pay Band-2 at 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 4600.

Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) who are getting the scale of 6500-200-10500 presently have been upgraded to 7500-12000 and finally fixed in Pay Band-2 at 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 4800.

Vice-Principals (VP) at initial stage who are getting the scale of 7500-250-12000 presently have been upgraded to 8000- 13500 and finally fixed in Pay Band-3 at 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of 5400.

Principals who are getting the scale of 10000-325-15200 presently have been upgraded to 12000-16500 and finally fixed in Pay Band-3 at 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of 6600.


Other Highlights:

  • There will be a uniform date of annual increment, viz. 1st July of every year. Employees completing 6 months and above in the revised pay structure as on 1st of July will be eligible to be granted the increment. The first increment after fixation of pay on 1.1.2006 in the revised pay structure will be granted on 1.7.2006 for those employees for whom the date of next increment was between 1st July, 2006 to 1st Jan 2007.
  • New wages to be effective from January 2006.
  • 40 per cent of the arrears paid in the current fiscal and the remaining 60 per cent next year.
  • ACP Scheme for every completed 10, 20 &30 years of service.
  •  Education Allowances for employees for upto two children - Rs. 1,000 per month.
  • Maternity Leave : 6 Months and 2 years child care leave.
  • The revised DA as on Jan-06, July-06, Jan-07, July-07, Jan-08 and July-08 are 0%, 2%, 6%, 9%, 12%, and 16% respectively.
  • New TA - Employees drawing grade pay  of Rs. 5400 and above will be eligible to receive TA of Rs.3200 and DA thereon (A1/A class cites) and Rs.1600 and DA thereon (other places. Similarly Employees drawing grade pay of Rs.4200 to Rs.4800 will be eligible to receive TA of Rs. Rs.1600 and DA thereon (A1/A class cites) and Rs.800 and DA thereon (other places). Employees drawing grade pay of below Rs. 4200 will be eligible to receive TA of Rs. 600 and DA thereon (A1/A class cites) and Rs.400 and DA thereon (other places).
  • City Compensatory Allowance abolished.
  • Employess living in X (Earlier classified as A-1), Y (Earlier classified as A, B-1 & B-2), and Z (Earlier classified as C and Unclassified) will be eligible for HRA of 30%, 20% and 10% (on Fixed Pay and Grade Pay) respectively.
  • All provisions concerning travel under LTC are to be retained except frequency of travel in home town concession (up to three times during the first two blocks of 4 years after joining the service).
  • The revised allowances, other than dearness allowance, will be effective from 1st day of September, 2008.

Latest News and Updates

Latest News and Updates