CATEGORY 2: Teachers for classes VI to VIII
(i) B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. and 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name nown)
B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. with at least 50% marks and 1 – year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.)
B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. with at least 45% marks and 1 – year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in ccordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 – year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year B.A.Ed. / B.Sc.Ed. or B.A.Ed. / B.Sc.Ed.
B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. with at least 50% marks and 1 – year B.Ed. (Special Education)
For Home Science Only:
B.Sc. Home Science with B.T./B.Ed. from a recognized University
B.A. with Home Science as one of the elective subjects and B.T./B.Ed. from a recognized University.
For Demonstrator in Physical Education only:
Graduate with Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) or its equivalent
(ii) Matric with Hindi/Sanskrit or Sr. Secondary /Graduation/ Post Graduation with Hindi as one of the Subjects.
- Relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying at BA/B.Sc./B.Com/Senior Secondary level is admissible for SC/Differently abled Candidates.
- A diploma/degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered.
However, in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
Scheme/Structure and Content:
There shall be only one paper in this category. All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each carrying one mark with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
No. of MCQs–150;
Duration of Examination: one-and-a-half hours.
Structure and Content:
- Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory) 30 MCQs for 30 Marks
- Language I (Hindi)(Compulsory) 30 MCQs for 30 Marks
- Language II(English) (Compulsory) 30 MCQs for 30 Marks
- For Mathematics and Science Teacher: Mathematics and Science –60 MCQs of 1 mark each
- For Social Studies teacher: Social Studies –60 MCQs of 1 mark each
- For any other teacher – either (iv) (a) or (iv) (b)
Nature and Standard of Questions:
- The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning, relevant to the age group of 11-14 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics, needs and psychology of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
- The test items for language I (Hindi) will focus on the proficiency related to the medium of instruction.
- The Language II (English) will focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
- The test items in Mathematics and Science, and Social Studies will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of these subjects. The test items of Mathematics and Science will be of 30 marks each. The test items shall be evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject as prescribed for classes VI-VIII by the Board of School Education Haryana.
- The questions in the tests for Paper II will be based on the topics of the prescribed syllabus of the Board of School Education Haryana for classes VI-VIII but their difficulty standard as well linkages could be upto the senior secondary stage.
Qualifying Marks: 60%
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.