Examination Scheme (Post code 19/10 to 74/10)
DSSSB will conduct a combined Part I Preliminary Examination (Objective type) of 01 hour duration and Part II Main Examination (Descriptive type) of 02 hours duration together with a testing duration of 03 hours in one go. The test components of objective type as well as post specific main examination along with number of questions and time disposition is given below:
PART-I Preliminary Examination (Objective Type 01Hour 100 Marks)
SECTION A (20 Questions of 20 Marks)
Test of General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning ability 20 20
SECTION B (20 Questions of 20 Marks)
Test of Mathematics
SECTION C (40 Questions of 40 Marks)
Test of Language Hindi (20 Questions)
Test of Language English (20 Questions)
SECTION D (20 Questions of 20 Marks)
Post specific subject related objective type Questions
PART – II Main Examination (Descriptive Type 02 Hours 200 Marks)
Part-II Main Examination will consists of Descriptive type Questions of 200 marks to be answered in 02 Hours. There will be 10 questions of 20 marks each with parts /options/ choices. (Question will consists of post specific subject(s) and nature of duty/responsibilities of the concerned post(s) which will be of the same level as per the prescribed qualification in the Recruitment Rules of the post concerned).
1. In Part–I Examination questions will be bilingual in Hindi & English except for the Languages which would be in the concerned language only.
2. In Part-II Main Examination (Descriptive Type), the candidates will have to write the answers in the space provided on the Question-cum-Answer Booklet itself, either in Hindi or in English EXCEPT (i) for the languages examination which would be in the concerned language only i.e. Answer to all question in PART–II Main Examination must be written in post specific relevant language–English / Hindi / Sanskrit / Punjabi / Urdu, and (ii) for Assistant Teacher(Nursery) which would be in Hindi Language only as medium of teaching in the requisitioning department is Hindi. The medium of writing the answers must be specified in the relevant column on the Question-cum-Answer Booklet at the space provided. The candidates will not be given any additional answer sheet.
3. Part-I Preliminary Examination (Objective type) will be of qualifying in nature for short listing the candidates. Final merit list of candidates will be prepared on the basis of
performance of short-listed candidates (marks secured) in the Part II Main Examination (Descriptive type) only.
4. The minimum qualifying marks for Preliminary Examination is 40% for General Category candidates and 30% for Reserved Category candidates subject to maximum of 06-10(six to ten) times the number of advertised vacancies as per the availibility of eligible candidates.
5. The minimum qualifying marks for Main Examination is 45% for General Category candidates & 35% for Reserved Category candidates.
6. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
7. There is no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of Answer Sheets/Answer Scripts in the examinations conducted by DSSSB.
PART – I Preliminary Examination will be as follows:
Section-A : General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matter of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries, especially pertaining to History, Polity & Constitution, Sports, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Policy, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, National/International Organizations /Institutions and Current Affairs etc. Question on General Intelligence includes both verbal and non-verbal types, including questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem
solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship, concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
Section-B : Mathematics: The test of mathematics will include Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities covering Number Systems, Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Tables & Graphs and Questions on Algebra, Commercial Maths, Equations, Trigonometry, Geometry, Statistics, Probability, etc.
Section-C : Language Hindi & Language English: In addition to the testing of candidate’s understanding and comprehension of the English and Hindi Languages, questions on its Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc. would also be covered.
Section-D : Post specific subject related questions: For teaching posts: The questions will be on the concerned Child & Educational Psychology, Educational Technology, Communication Skills, Teaching & Learning processes & related Topics. For Librarian & Library Clerk/Assistant posts: The questions will be on the Library Science, Library Practices and Procedures and related topics.
PART – II Main Examination will be as follows:
The Examination will consist of descriptive type questions of 200 marks to be answered in 02 hours. There will be 10 questions of 20 marks each with parts/options/choices. Question will consists of post specific subject(s) and nature of duty/responsibilities of the concerned post(s) which will be of the same level as per the prescribed qualification in the Recruitment Rules of the post concerned.
TIME OF EXAMINATION: Duration 03 Hours
PART –I Preliminary Examination (Objective type) 10.00 A.M. to 11.00 A.M.
PART –II Main Examination (Descriptive type) 11.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
Combined PART I (Preliminary) and Part II (Main) examination will be conducted together in one go. Candidates can appear in only one Subject/Group of post code(s) of their choice out of Part-II Main Examination (Descriptive Type) held on the same day. The Examination schedule of individual post code/ group of post codes will be published in leading newspaper, Employment News and will also be given in DSSSB’s Website www.dsssb.delhigovt.nic.in subsequently. In case of combined examination for more than one related posts the preference order of the posts by the candidate will be obtained in relavent column in OMR sheet on the day of examination.