SCERT Delhi has issued notification for admissions in various government and private DIETs (District Institutes for Education and Training) in ETE (Elementary Teacher Eduction) for the year 2012-2014. The admissions will be taken online this year. Students can apply online for taking admission in these SCERT Delhi, DIETs two years ETE course.
This is full time teaching course to become Primary and Elementary Teacher in government and private schools. Students who has passed their class 12 exam with 50% or more marks can apply for this course. Last date for online admission is 30th June 2012.
Admission schedule for ECCE (Early Childhood Care and Education-Nursery Teacher) is also available.
SCHEDULE FOR ADMISSION IN ETE COURSE IN GOVT. DIET’s
|• The addresses of the 9 DIET’s have already been given in the prospectus.y of vacant seats after 5th list of admission in Govt. DIETs/ETE OR ECCE SELF FINANCE RECOGNIZED INSTITUTES, next wait list category-wise for admission will be declared and uploaded on the website on merit basis on 28.08.2012 and admission will be made from 03.09.2012 to 04.09.2012.
For details please see SCERT website i.e.scertdelhionlineadmissions.in. After this wait list all admission will be summarily closed even if any seat is available, keeping in view compulsory number of working days prescribed in NCTE Act/Regulation.
How to apply
1. How to apply
- Students are required to apply ONLINE ONLY through http:// website. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Students are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active till the completion of admission. In case a student does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create a new e-mail ID before applying online.
- Payment of Application Fee through Demand Draft/ Cheques/ Money Orders/ Postal Orders etc. will not be accepted.
- Fill in all required information. Ensure that all Bio-data details are correctly filled in. Click the Submit button. Retain your Registration No. and Password for further reference safely. After applying Online Aspirant must retain the print out of application form for further reference.
- Please do not send the printout/ fee payment receipt to the SCERT.
- Candidate who has scored through CGPA should convert the marks into PERCENTAGE and mention the secured marks in the corresponding column.
- Candidates have to fill all the required details and click on Submit button then the page redirects to Online Payment Gateway
2. Online Registration
- If you have paid using debit/credit card, fill in the requested details appropriately in the Online Application Form
- Ensure that all details are filled in correctly. Click the Submit button
- Retain your Registration No. and Password for further reference
- After applying Online, retain the print out of application form for further reference.
3. Payment of Fees
- Payments can be made through online.
- To encourage candidates to use their own system/computer/channels for applying ONLINE application, concession of Rs.50/- would be admissible. Thus such candidates using their own system are required to pay Rs.250/- only. Those candidates who will utilize services of the facilitation centres prescribed by SCERT would be required to pay application fee of Rs.300/-per application.
4. Online mode of payment
- Students can make payment online using Debit / Credit card powered by Master or Visa as well as using the Net Banking User ID / Password.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server,
DO NOT press back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge
- For Credit Card users: All prices are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
Guidelines for scanning the Photograph & Signature
- Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
(i) Photograph Image:
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture. Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background. Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face. If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye” If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred). Size of file should be between 20kb-50 kb Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
(ii) Signature Image:
- (i) The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- (ii) The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- (iii) The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
- (iv) If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
- (v) Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- (vi) Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- (vii) Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB
Scanning the photograph & signature:
- (1) Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- (2) Set Color to True Color
- (3) File Size as specified above
- (4) Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- (5) The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is : image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB(photograph) & 20KB(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- (i) There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- (ii) Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
- (iii) Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved.
- (iv) Select the file by clicking on it (v) Click the ‘Upload’ button.
Guidelines for filling-up the application form
(a) The candidate is required to fill the application form carefully. Information given must be accurate.Incomplete application form will be rejected outrightly. No change in the information furnished in the application form will be allowed after specified date. Hence candidates are advised to fill up all columns with full information required to be given in application form very carefully and correctly.
- i. It will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to make sure that he/she is eligible and fulfills all the conditions prescribed for admission to ETE course such as age, marks etc. as mentioned in the Chapter-III.
- ii. If ineligibility of a candidate is detected at any stage after admission or during any stage of the course his/her candidature/admission will be cancelled immediately without any prior notice and disciplinary action will be taken against him/her and entire fee will also be forfeited. Legal proceedings may be initiated against candidate/parents. The Controller of Exams, SCERT may cancel the admission of any student for specific reasons at any stage.
In case of any dispute the territorial jurisdiction will be the courts of GNCT of Delhi
(b) Instructions for filling up the Application form which shall be adhered while filling respective columns
- 1. Candidate is required to fill up his/her name as per his/her Class-X or equivalent certificate
- 2. Candidate is required to fill up the name of his/her father/ mother/ guardian exactly as in his/her Class-X or equivalent certificate in the concerned column.
- 3. Candidate is required to mention date, month and year of his/her birth as recorded in Class-X or equivalent certificate as per English Calendar in the concerned column.
- 4. Candidate is required to mention his/her gender in the concerned column.
- 5. Candidate is required to select only one category, best suitable to him/her in one application form. The abbreviation and code number specified to different categories are given in CHAPTER-III (4) under Reservation Provisions.
If a candidate belongs to more than one category may fill-up separate application form for each category.
No request for entry/change in category will be entertained at any stage.
- An eligible candidate of a particular category will be considered for admission in that category ONLY in which the candidate applied in order of merit and number of seats allocated to that particular category as per reservation criteria to availability of seat in that particular category. However, all the candidates will be considered first in General Merit irrespective of their category. If they are not selected in General Merit, they will be considered in their respective category under which they applied for.
- 6. Select the appropriate Domicile ie. domicile of NCT of Delhi or domicile of other State.
- 7. The candidate is required to give option of one language only to be offered by him/her. Select the appropriate option Hindi , Urdu or Punjabi. This is not as option for “medium of instructions in DIETs” but is an option for “language teaching” only as a subject.
- i. The candidate is required to attach scanned recent photograph of size and specification as per instruction given in the prospectus .
- Photograph should not have cap, goggles etc.(spectacles are allowed). The photo should be clear & not hazy. The candidate should keep two identical photographs as pasted on the application form with him/her, in reserve which may be used at the time of counselling/admission.
- 9. The candidate is required to fill up his/her name and complete postal address alongwith PIN code and Telephone/Mobile number with STD code, at which the communication is to be sent, if required.
- 10. Candidate is required to attach scanned full signatures.
- 11. The candidate is required to fill up year of passing and percentage of marks secured (out of 500 best 5 subjects including one language) at X standard and XII standard in the appropriate columns
up to two decimal places.
- 12. The candidate is required to fill up the name of Examining Board in the prescribed column.
- 13. The candidate is required to fill up Roll No. Board of Class XII in the prescribed column.
- 14. The candidate is required to fill up Pin Code of Residential address in the prescribed column.
- 15. The candidate is required to mention his/her preferences of DIETs for admission by selecting appropriate DIET/abbreviation in the prescribed column.
- Candidates must provide option of DIETs in order of preference as the same is mandatory. No request for addition/deletion/change of preference of the DIETs after the prescribed last date will be entertained.
- Filling of this column i.e. giving all the option of DIETs in order of preference is mandatory failing which computer will not accept ONLINE application form
- 16. The candidate has to mention his/her telephone number with STD code and mobile number in the prescribed column. SCERT shall not be held responsible for delay in communication, if required any.
- 17. While filling up of the application form, the candidate must verify the correctness of all the particulars furnished by him/her by accepting/submitting. In case any candidate is found to have furnished false information or is found to have concealed any material information in his/her application, he/she will be debarred from admission. Further, such candidate shall also be liable for legal action.
FAQs related with ONLINE submission of application
1. How do I know that my application is registered
- Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated
- . Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application.
2. I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application?“REGISTRATION NO.”
- are also sent by auto-response Confirmation emails. Delivery of these emails purely depends upon the correctness of E-Mail ID provided, Policy of your E-Mail Service Provider to accept and Divert such emails under Bulk or Spam Mails or bounce back such mails without accepting it due to heavy number of emails generated by our Applications. In case of Govt./official /company Email Ids, delivery is controlled by your Company Policies. Therefore, please do not expect replies from us, if you do not receive such confirmation / auto-response Emails.
3. How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
- In case of doubt about the successful Registration, candidates are advised to visit the Page for Re-Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the soft copy and hard copy (printout) of the Application.
4. I got Blank / Zero Registration No. after submission of application on-line?
- In rare cases Candidates may get Zero (0) Registration No. with valid Password. Candidates are advised to Re-Register the Application and check the Printout through Re-Print Application.
5. After filling up the complete form, I got Blank Screen / Internet got disconnected / My PC closed / hanged / shutdown. Is my application saved / registered?
- Please refer to Point No.4. If you do not get the application printout through Re-Print option, your application is not saved. Please re-apply.
6. What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails?
- While writing back by replying the confirmation emails for genuine problem, please retain the text containing
“DATE OF BIRTH”
- details on the email.
7. Is it possible to change / correct the details I entered in the Application?
- No. After successful registration candidate not able to change/ correct the details entered in the application.
8. What payment options can I use for this service?
- You can use Master/ Visa Debit or Credit cards or Internet Banking.
9. My Internet connection failed in the middle of my transaction, what do I do?
- If the problem occurred before you entered your payment information, you can close your browser, log back in, and try again. If you submitted your payment information and then experienced a problem, send mail to
10. My online payment transaction has gone through but my online application has not been registered, what do I do?
- In case of any technical problem such as loss of connectivity before the online application has been submitted the application fee / intimation charges will be automatically credited back to your account.
11. How can I resize the photo/signature?
- Open the image in ms paint. Click on images—>stretch/skew (ctrl+w). Reduce the horizontal and vertical percentage in the stretch box, if the image size is more. Increase the horizontal and vertical percentage in the stretch box, if the image size is less And save the image as JPEG format.
12. Is it possible to apply for additional course?
- Yes. You can able to apply for additional course using the same
“DATE OF BIRTH”.
13. What is the visible mark of Identification?
- It is nothing but cut mark, mole or any other mark which marks your identification unique.
14. Where can I find the payment mode for making payment?
- Candidate has to fill all details in the application page and then the page directs to next page. Click on the click on the
- button then the page directs to payment page.
15. How do I know the Eligibility criteria?
- In case of any queries regarding eligibility criteria and other course related details please visit