A year after the Right of all Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act came into effect, four states — Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Assam and Manipur — have applied for relaxation of teacher qualification norms, citing lack of teacher training institutes.
Bihar, Orissa and West Bengal have already secured relaxation under Section 23 (a) of the RTE Act, which enables them to employ those without the professional qualifications — a diploma in education or a BEd — as teachers with a rider that they would acquire the qualifications within five years.
“We calculate on the basis of data in terms of demand and supply that the states seeking such relaxation submit to us. Then, we decide,” an HRD ministry official said. “Teacher training institutes are not there. But we have told the states that preference should be given to those that have the qualifications when they advertise for teaching posts. There is a rationale for teaching. Teachers need skills in pedagogic methods, so we devised this minimum qualifications requirement.”
Source : Indian Express
More from onlineteachers.co.in
- National body for controlling teachers largely welcomed With the passage of a teacherseducation council bill, parliament has again created a national body to regulate teachers. Most […]
- National Institute of Technology Durgabur Admission Notice Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to M. Tech and M. Sc programmes of the Institute for the session […]
- No takers for MCA courses in Madhya Pradesh It was one of the most sought after courses till few years back. However, the master of computer application (MCA) course is now hardly […]
- Enrollment Campaign for Children out of School in Madhya Pradesh Hyderabad: Badibata, an mass enrolment drive of out of school children into regular school in Bridge Course schools, will be taken up from […]
- DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL NIGAHI ,Dist. Singrauli,Madhya Pradesh Requires Teaching staff Job Openings : Year 2013
DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL NIGAHI
P.O. NIGAHI, DIST : SINGRAULI (MP) 486 […]
- Complete Course CD for Maths & Science We have an exciting offer for students studying in classes 6, 7, 8 and 9. Now you can get complete course CD for Maths and Science in more […]
- Right to Education soon be extended up to Class X The provision of free and compulsory education will soon be extended up to Class X. A proposal to this effect was approved at a meeting of […]
- Fund Sharing for the Right to Education Act Putting an end to the months of controversy over fund sharing for the Right to Education Act, the Union government has now fixed a 65-35 […]